Rain=slow or a least slower!

reward69

Fished a tourny Saturday and pretty much rained most of the day other than the last couple of hours. I ran my 28 Hydro OB that I dont run much when fishing and overall it did ok.

Here were my speeds:

Soaking wet, ice drinks and all food, livewells full (water and fish), two people though one of them is small (my daughter) about 340 total, 3/4 tank of gas.

Ran 87.1 was the fastest I managed, but could have maybe gotten maybe one more mph. I have been as fast as 93 with no water in LW same set up.

I dont run the hydro but much but was amazed at how better it handles and drives at speed.

SmallJaw

Fished a tourny Saturday and pretty much rained most of the day other than the last couple of hours. I ran my 28 Hydro OB that I dont run much when fishing and overall it did ok.

Here were my speeds:

Soaking wet, ice drinks and all food, livewells full (water and fish), two people though one of them is small (my daughter) about 340 total, 3/4 tank of gas.

Ran 87.1 was the fastest I managed, but could have maybe gotten maybe one more mph. I have been as fast as 93 with no water in LW same set up.

I dont run the hydro but much but was amazed at how better it handles and drives at speed.
That is great speeds for the conditions and weight. I am eager to run my new 28XOB as soon as possible to see what it will do. Ever since I got the prop about 2 or 3 weeks ago it has been flooding, raining, and debris like crazy in the river here. I hope to get it on the water this week and run some gas through the boat trying it out. I did take it out once but at 85.6 with no weight in my boat and a serious cross wind gusting, that was all I felt I needed to push it to. I have heard that my prop should yield 93-94. Maybe.....:cool

hack02

If it was raining there's no telling how much heavier than normal your boat was. Sometimes I swear on a dry hull you could pour a five gallon bucket of water on the deck and the carpet would soak it up and not a drop would run off.

whipper

If it was raining there's no telling how much heavier than normal your boat was. Sometimes I swear on a dry hull you could pour a five gallon bucket of water on the deck and the carpet would soak it up and not a drop would run off.
Yep. I was washing the GS the other day. I thought I would spray the inside a little to get the pollan of the seats ect... I didnt spray to much but the water seemed to be running out the transom hole for hours!!:gasp Carpet was wet for two days in the garage!