R15 project

Bernie

Glassing the splashwell back in and making it look good is the tough part for me. More art than craft...

20180525_073157[1].jpg

Last edited:

Bernie

Got it flipped, bottom isn't too bad. The pad is only flat for a few inches forward, then begins to take a gradual V shape as it goes toward the bow. Is this normal for a 1969 R15?
30 (2).jpg

Dis

Probationary User
Looking good. A great thread. Very nice to read about your progress. Sorry I can't help you with the hull. Goodluck with the rest of it

Bernie

Getting close to flipping it again. two coats of Interlux Primecoat epoxy and three of Blue Water 2 part polyurethane. I'll give it a week to cure, then polish and flip it back on the trailer.31.jpg

Last edited:

Bernie

Got the boat back on the trailer and the white part of the deck repainted. In the process of masking the red to try and save it, the tape pulled off a lot of the clearcoat. The base is so thin I sanded through it trying to feather the clear.

I'm sure there are people who have used base clear on boat successfully but I've never seen one. The red will get repainted now....

32.jpg

33.jpg

Last edited:

Bernie

Paint is DONE!

Not too bad for amateur work.

Need to build a mount for the foot throttle then paint the floor. (with a roller and spatter paint)

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

Bernie

Got tired of masking and spraying so no splatterpaint, I painted the interior white with the leftover polyurethane from the hull.

Rigging as $$$ allow...

37.jpg

38.jpg

Bernie

Yes, that is my Hydrodyne 18 Tournament Skier in the background, another bucket list boat that I rebuilt 4-5 years ago. It was much rougher than the Ally when I bought it for $175....

Dyne 2.jpg

20140609_201002.jpg