Questions About XB 2003

Jessie

1rst Question

How do you remove the front seat . Mine is a center steer if that makes a difference.
2nd Question
What is good for a boarding ladder. I tried a rope ladder from Walmart but it leaves a lot to be desired. Pics would be nice.

K

Kevin from FL

This is the boarding ladder we have used for many years with no problems. You don't need the extensions that come with it because the 03 wings in the back hold the ladder off the side of the boat perfect.

Ladder

Attachments

B HEBERT

There is a rivet that stops the seat when you slide it to the front. Drill out that rivet and it slides out the front.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
KevFl--Why didn't I think of that? Sometimes simple is better. I've been fooling around with the step in back.

Four 1/4 inch bolts hold the whole assembly to the floor.

Myron

colick on the link "ladder", it came from Bass Pro Shops, but I am sure West Marine or any marina or boat dealer can get them, good luck

Texan

Just my .02 on the ladder.

I bought a wooden replacement handle for one of those big, 160 Qt. Marine Igloo coolers. The kind that attached to the cooler with a piece of nylon rope. It has holes pre-drilled on either end that you can run a rope through. Then I looped it at the top. Then I looped the loop threw another loop at the end of a long piece of rope, hook it to the cleet on the side of the boat and hang it off the back where it would be, when extended about 4' into the water. The handle is stout enough to hold me and I tips the scales at around 235. I've got the handle on the back of the boat to pull on and generally speaking, I can get in without too much groaning. I'm going to get another handle next time I'm near an Acadamy, and attach it to the rope about half or a third of the way up the deck so I can grab it and come on board. I should have thought about that the first time, but as with many things in my life, I've got to screw up the first time to get it right the second time. Anyway, it works for us, and it isn't bulky. Plus you can use it to tie off to the redneck yacht club if need-be.

RedAllison

The ladder that Kev showed you and has the link to is the same one alot of us have used for years. Once you actually see one in use you'll realize it's truly the simplest and easiest to use. Works like a charm on pretty much any Aboat. I kept the one I had for use and it works equally well on the XB21 now. They fit easily into the rear storage boxes and likewise fit under the deck of either boat as well. The bolt on "braces" that come with it (shown in the pic on the link) aren't necessary since the rubrail will be holding the ladder at the perfect angle so you don't even have to bolt them on. Just open the box and chunk the ladder in the boat, you're ready to go! The handles turn in and the entire thing folds flat. Alot sturdier and safer than ropes, handles and tryin to do your "trained dolphin at Sea-World" impression over the rear swim platform. (Also prevents scratching that area up as well.)

:beer:
RA

Last edited:

Texan

Alot sturdier and safer than ropes, handles and tryin to do your "trained dolphin at Sea-World" impression over the rear swim platform.RA

Okay, for $25 I'll give it a whirl. I spend more than that at the chiropractor after helping everyone else into the boat. That and the clear image I have in my head from yesterday at the lake, trying to help my wife in. But the comment above is really the one that drove me over the edge. Except in my case, it would be more like Orka the Killer Whale instead of some skinny dolphin.....

RedAllison

tek that sures give me an idea. The 21 obviously has no swim decks and the transom recess is MUCH larger and deeper so getting into the back of the boat is nearly impossible. (I got up using the cav plate and trim just to see if I could and it worked. But in cold water with a bunch of clothes would be tough.) What I'm wondering about tho is actually using that Allison swim step as a mount for the SI transducer on my Hbird 997???

Gonna go out in the garage and do some lookin and measurin, sure would be neat to be able to just bolt that on the plate and mount the 'ducer under it. WHALLA a 'ducer mount and emergency step for boarding during a fishing mishap or sumpin!!!

I shall return,

:beer:
RA

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Stupid question #6. Is there a ladder like KevFl and RA are talking about only with telescoping rungs? (I prize available space)

RedAllison

Hmmmmmmmmm now I gotta admit, that "Ladder 2" link Kev posted DOES look mighty tempting if it's as strong as the originals we now have!

As for the step making a SI trandsducer mounting location for a 21, NOPE! To much going on back there and I'm afraid at low speed it would be right in the flow of water coming out from the sides and around the skid planer!

Looks like I'm gonna be drillin holes in my jackplate! :cuss
RA

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I was at the factory last week and talking to Darris and he brought up a new regulation coming into effect sometime down the pike that all boats have a built-in ladder that is accessible from the water without assistance. He told me he is up to inventing something pretty cool for future boats....:cool

mha

Mine came with a generic BPS one in the box not yet mounted. Scott said he was working on a plan to maybe mount it on a carpeted board with holes in it and then mount a couple of push-pin brackets like for a ski pole in one of the rear treads so it could be "installed" for the day, but also easily removed.

I liked that idea and plan to persue it.

V6MERC

I have the "Ladder 2" that we use for our playing.... We love it, and it fits in the center compartment of the XB21 perfect... :cool