Question

Larry D

What setback and engine height are you guys that are running the 1/4 mile are using. later Larry D

whipper

Larry just for starters till some one with a XR2001 reads this on the Quick Links tab top right Kevin as put the Allison owners rides all models. There you will find a lot of setup info on others XR2001,setback and engine hights,motors ect. Looks like most guys are running even with the pad and know higher than 1/4 above. Set backs seem to vary quite a bit though most are 6 but a couple are up to 10? The fastest is 4 setback 300drag and 1/4 above Kenny Shaw 121 in the Quarter.:eek: James

Fl Boy in ILL

Larry

When I had my 2004 XR2001 I tried it at 6" and 8", it cleaned up quicker with the 8 but I didn't like the way it handled so we moved it back to 6" and it felt much better, as far as motor height I think we ended up about 1" above, but i would start at 1/4 and go up slowly.

Rick

Casey G

larry why are you asking a question like that? your boat was one of the fastest modified production boats around 2 years ago.

i ran 6" when i ran a 15, but some like 8"

Larry D

Thanks guys for the info, Casey just like to see whats out there. Might learn something new. never to old to learn, except in Trex's case. later Larry D