Put an aluminum trailer under the 2003.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, new to me anyway. 2012 Magic Tilt I picked up from another boat, put bunks on to fit mine. Still have a little left to do but it’s on there. I have some ratchet tie downs to put on before I go too far. The outside boards don’t touch so I left them for now, may take them off later on. Im pretty happy so far, it pulls nice, but not sure how long I’ll keep it. It’s about 11” wider fender to fender than the original Boatmate, and that gets interesting on some of these East Tennessee roads.
One of the nice things about such a wide trailer is I have a step almost all the way around the boat. Time will tell, but it should work for a wHile for me.152901529115292152931529415295152961529715298

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice! Is this Magictilt Aluminum Trailer much lighter than the standard Boatmate trailer?
Yes. I don’t know how much, but I put the aluminum one on jack stands to work on it by picking it up and kicking the stands under it, no way I can pick up the boatmate.

My XB-2003 is green and I really like it. Is yours green also?
Yeah, it’s a teal of sorts. I like it, one of the more rare colors.

motobuffy

Just an FYI for those thinking about an aluminum trailer. Years ago I bought an XTB with a duel axle trailer. I fished in tidal water and the ramp I typically used was close to the channel. Well, the damn trailer floated and you can picture how pi--ed I was.

BigRWater

I want a Magictilt Aluminum
Yes. I don’t know how much, but I put the aluminum one on jack stands to work on it by picking it up and kicking the stands under it, no way I can pick up the boatmate.

Yeah, it’s a teal of sorts. I like it, one of the more rare colors.
Thanks! Wow! I want a MagicTilt Aluminum trailer!

GotMyAlly

Just an FYI for those thinking about an aluminum trailer. Years ago I bought an XTB with a duel axle trailer. I fished in tidal water and the ramp I typically used was close to the channel. Well, the damn trailer floated and you can picture how pi--ed I was.
Ive got an aluminum trailer under my smaller boat. It's just a single axle, and it will float if you back it in too far. I can only imagine how a tandem axle would float with 2 more tires adding to the buoyancy.

BigRWater

I have floated several boats on trailers which is a problem on the river with the current. A mile below Preist Rapids dam, I have seen the results of a floating boat & trailer dragging the tow vehicle in, you could only see the upper portion of the rig, professionals had to come and clear it. Needless to say, that poor fisherman did not fish that day.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have floated several boats on trailers which is a problem on the river with the current. A mile below Preist Rapids dam, I have seen the results of a floating boat & trailer dragging the tow vehicle in, you could only see the upper portion of the rig, professionals had to come and clear it. Needless to say, that poor fisherman did not fish that day.
I used to live out that way. I was stationed around the Bremerton area for a long time, worked at Hanford for a year and a half after that before moving to TN. Ran the Crescent Bar area quite a few times, then liked to launch at Clover Island in the Tri-cities and run up to Ice Harbor dam and everywhere in between. Never ran down to Mcnary though, was scared the wind would kick up thru Wallula Gap and never make it back in the Allison, lol.

SB--I see u use union labor. One of my fondest Allison memories--my son was that age and standing on the beach with his mom. I had a drag prop on and decided to do a hole-shot/wheelie. All he could do was point and jump up and down. These are the good old days...
Haha, nice. I try to get him out there to help when I'm not working on anything dangerous. He always goes and checks out the prop and helps me load up before heading out to the lake.