Pumps & Filter

steve E

Probationary User
Hi guys I am a new member and this is my first post. I am looking for some information (photos) on where to mount the pumps and filters for a 260 in a xb2002. The boat came with a johnson 175 faststrike which I am replacing with a 1993 2.5 260 horn motor that has a 20" bass mid with a sportmaster lower unit. There is 2 trolling motor batteries one on either side in the right and left storeage compartments a starting battery in the middle compartment on the left and a battery charger in the right side compartment. The motor came with a trim pump, water separator filter, and a bosch fuel pump. I hate the idea of taking a drill to this boat so I want to get this right. Thanks

Myron

you can get by with just 2 batteries unless you are super serious and fish all day in heavy cover or current. On the 2002 you want to try to keep your weight centered, I would trash the water separator, you don't need the restriction. As far as where to put the pump that is up to you, and the amount of room you have in the center compartment, I would also redo the stand pipe in the fuel tank.

steve E

Probationary User
I have a 24 volt trolling motor so I am stuck with the 2 batteries I also fish a few lakes up here that are very weedy. The boat was really setup for fishing it also has an 1198 and a 998 which is going to be another problem suppling power to them.