Prop

tony Atwell

Was wandering what the prop of choice is amongst Allison owners. Personally I run a 28 mazco 4 blade. And have a 28 drag for a back up that i run on my xr 02. Not wanting to start a best prop thread. Just wanderin what other guy's are running. So let's hear it. What prop you runnin and on what hull

tony Atwell

Wow didn't realize every one was so tight lip about this. Found me a nice 26 mazco 4 I'm gonna pick up this weekend. Was hopeing to see the pitch range from different guys. But looks like 28 seems to be the perfered pitch.

GotMyAlly

I don't think everyone is tight lipped.....it's just a very open ended question with a ton of variables, from boat setup to intended use.

hirk

26 hoss hyperdrive on an xb03 with an xr6, ran some others but this handles the best by far and performs pretty well.

tony Atwell

Mine came with a 26 drag Got the 28 drag to try and help my fuel mileage with the Bridgeport and after getting the set up a lot better I tried the 26 again man it made the boat run and do some stupid stuff. So far the mazco has besn the best handling next to the 28 drag.

Lotus 50

29 Hydromotive most of the time. I have a 26 Trophy for skiing (hypothetical so far) and for a boat full of people.

I used to have a bunch or pretty props on my wall and I have an irrational desire to buy more props again. So far I am resisting.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
23 trophy skiing or several people in the boat on a weekend when it's rough and running slow, 26 DAH worked trophy for normal running or a worked 30 spinelli dr4 for out cruising in good water and going fast. Tried a 29 promax the other day that really intrigued me though.

hirk

Lets talk about whats on that wall David, the hoss I got from you may need a friend because im getting more power and will need a good 28 :)

tony Atwell

I tell ya they are pretty close in performance. The bp would spin up to 7500 but I just rebuilt the promax and put some vertex pistons in it and have yet to spinn it up yet do to break in.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Drag 4 28 and a 31 ET cut chopper. The drag 4 is great out of the hole. The only prop I have ran that doesn't blow out to some extent getting on plane. It revs to right at 5k and stays there after the bow breaks over. Turned it 6k with the 225 Pro XS 1.62 gears and turned the 31 ET 5600. ET's are by far the best handling highest speed props I have ran. Need to have the 31 pitched back to what its stamped as that's a 30. That should put me at 5800 rpm. If I could only have one prop it would be the ET.