Progressive Insurance Question

zatchmo

Well, just a little update. Progressive STILL hasn't called me back. This weekend it will have been 2 weeks since the incident. I can call the guy in the call center every day, but I still don't get through to somebody who can actually do anything. All he tells me is "he's submitted it up to his supervisor, all we can do is wait." I think that is BS. I want my damn boat fixed. Our summer is half over.

Hotprop

Administrator
Just to let yall know what I see when people bring things in for repair and to be paid for by insurance . State Farm is hands down the best company to deal with . Farm Bureau is the second best to work with . Progressive is the very worst to deal with and they dont usually pay very good when they do pay. All of the others fall in the middle somewhere .

zatchmo

Just to let yall know what I see when people bring things in for repair and to be paid for by insurance . State Farm is hands down the best company to deal with . Farm Bureau is the second best to work with . Progressive is the very worst to deal with and they dont usually pay very good when they do pay. All of the others fall in the middle somewhere .
That's kind of funny you say that. State Farm is my insurance company for everything else, but they wouldn't write my Allison. I went all the way to under-writing fighting them on this citing several people on this board who have State Farm, but they wouldn't budge. Farm Bureau is the same, they wouldn't do it either. I forget their reasoning, but I believe it was a speed thing. I've already contacted an attorney. If it comes to that, I will get my money.

J

John Richied

I hope that gets the ball rolling for you. When they do make the decision it will probably be 4 to 6 weeks or more for parts and a marina to do the work and get you back on the water.

I

zatchmo

Update #2:

The claims guy that was assigned to my case is no longer a claims guy. I guess that would explain the lack of return phone calls. I guess I have a new claims guy. Hopefully this one will call me back. I have an office and a cell phone number for the new guy, so that should help. I got an estimate written too, so now I don't think there's much to argue. The unfortunate part is we're over 2 weeks now with no resolution at all. I'm optimistic now that I have a new person that MAYBE something will get done.

zatchmo

Well, after all the fighting, they never did agree to pay to replace it. They insisted that it was somehow "repairable". I don't know if they wanted to fill the dent and paint over it or what? I couldn't find a single boat shop in the area that would "repair" the part, they all wanted to replace the can. I ended up having to turn it in to my insurance company and should have a check in my mail box tonight for the cost of the REAL repair. My insurance company will go after them, and I'll get my deductible back at some point, but it's going to take 3-4 months. Unbelievable. I will never do business with Progressive after going through this.

Jr in Jax

I regretably do business with Progressive, owned by Peter Lewis an Uber liberal Obama supporter because my State Farm boat insurance won't cover my 3 PWCs.
If I had a choice, I would not.

allisonriverrat

and if u dont like those choices try formost ins. was the best ever i delt with on my xr2001. thats right they insure drags or rr. RED tore my boat all to hell and they still covered it! LMFAO!!!!!! I WILL ALWAYS CHECK THEM FIRST. as for price. it was 478 year with 260 at 14.500 coverage.

RedAllison

and if u dont like those choices try formost ins. was the best ever i delt with on my xr2001. thats right they insure drags or rr. RED tore my boat all to hell and they still covered it! LMFAO!!!!!! I WILL ALWAYS CHECK THEM FIRST. as for price. it was 478 year with 260 at 14.500 coverage.
I was just helpin a bud, after Darris got through with it it was ALOT better boat!!!

:LMAO:
RA

ps
I'd ditch the jetskis before I did business with a megapinkolibbie corporation like Progressive. State Farm has my property, umbrella etc... (Don't have life policies with them tho)

Last edited: