Proformer prop?

Tommy T

Probationary User
Performer prop 26 pitch 14.5 bullet cut,should this work on xb2002 w pro max boat has troll motor and 3 battery s I had trophy26 just looking for a little more

Last edited:

whipper

Should be a good prop for any XB with a promax heavy loaded but not any gain really. A 26 will work best with the promax if you have a raised limiter. Without a raised limiter a 28 might be better if more speed is what your after. The Bullet cuts have alot of tip cup. The performer has lots of lift stock. Your XB 2002 doesnt need that kinda lift unless your real heavy and run a heavy load? The promax has 6750 revs stock. Youll be all over that with a 26 in no time. You might pick up 2 or 3 mph compared to a 26 Trophy thats about all. You'll pick up around 10 mph going to a 28 3 blade. You have one less blade to turn thats not going to make a hole lot of difference pluss the dia of the Performer is way larger than a trophy. So any gains are cancelled out with a bigger wheel in the same pitch if ya follow that

There is lots of props that will work great on your Allison. The style of the Performance Drag3 in a 28 would suit your hull better and match your motor for an all round pitch better with a stock limiter. ET,s work well on 02,s also and Todd at Hydromotive Engineering will be able to hook you up also if ya give him a call. He has an 02 and ran a promax for ever stock and not so stock. Owner of prop shop and many Allison is good guy to talk to. He has brought many Allison owner to new personal bests with his props.

If you dont have a stock limitter, 26 and 27 are great pitched props to go with as you can turn a 26 to 7500 no problem pluss have great hole shot. If stock 28.

Tommy T

Probationary User
My bad xb2002 and performar prop
Should be a good prop for any XB with a promax heavy loaded but not any gain really. A 26 will work best with the promax if you have a raised limiter. Without a raised limiter a 28 might be better if more speed is what your after. The Bullet cuts have alot of tip cup. The performer has lots of lift stock. Your XB 2002 doesnt need that kinda lift unless your real heavy and run a heavy load? The promax has 6750 revs stock. Youll be all over that with a 26 in no time. You might pick up 2 or 3 mph compared to a 26 Trophy thats about all. You'll pick up around 10 mph going to a 28 3 blade. You have one less blade to turn thats not going to make a hole lot of difference pluss the dia of the Performer is way larger than a trophy. So any gains are cancelled out with a bigger wheel in the same pitch if ya follow that

There is lots of props that will work great on your Allison. The style of the Performance Drag3 in a 28 would suit your hull better and match your motor for an all round pitch better with a stock limiter. ET,s work well on 02,s also and Todd at Hydromotive Engineering will be able to hook you up also if ya give him a call. He has an 02 and ran a promax for ever stock and not so stock. Owner of prop shop and many Allison is good guy to talk to. He has brought many Allison owner to new personal bests with his props.

If you dont have a stock limitter, 26 and 27 are great pitched props to go with as you can turn a 26 to 7500 no problem pluss have great hole shot. If stock 28.
thanks probably should go w 28 just found this one guess I'll try and see what it'll do

whipper

Ya I would with a stock limiter. An 02 is a fast hull and with a 6750 rev promax will make short work of 26 plus you already have a good one. Nothing wrong with a Trophy they just cant be raised as high as a semi surfacing prop like the performer ,ET,Drags, and Hydromotives. You could turn a 30 no problem but 28 is a nice sweet spot of all round speed and quickness with those motors ive found. I have a 7500 rpm limiter on mine with 33cc heads and love turning a 26 above 7000!!!! But a 28 is still better for long distance runs for fuel economy and top speed but still gets out of the hole excellent. Get a nice 28 and save your 26 for a spare or when your running real heavy or the water has lots of crap in it. Trophys are a dime a dozen but still a decent prop. i really love my stock Drag3 buy performance on my GS. A good used stock one goes for 400-500. If you click the home tab top left. It takes you to the page were you can click on your model and there are setups with every motor combo and lots of guys say what props there using what speeds they got. thats always interesting to look at. http://www.allisonowners.net/owners/xb2002.html

whipper

PM Jeff on this one. It would be great ill bet on your setup if not sold already. Jeff Clements FB message might work faster. http://forum.allisonowners.com/index.php?threads/hoss-28-14-by-28.16560/ He only buys proven good stuff.

i would also Call Allison and ask Bill or Darris who ever answers the phone if they have any test props for sale? they sometimes have real nice ones for sale when there done with them.

whipper

From a 26 Trophy to a Drag3 28 I can and have with my XS. Two main reasons is one were talking XB002 thats a faster hull to begin with and two a 3 blade Performance prop will be able to bite at at a much higher prop shaft hight than a trophy can resulting in way lower slip numbers in the sweet spot. The trophy is not a semi surfacing prop its more efficient as a semi submersible prop to a submersible for most applications. Also the Performance props seem to run tall on the big end. Lets say your running 80 at 6750 with the 26 at 10% slip. A 28 if 7% can be achieved at the same rpm theoretical speed is 89. Im not saying 100% anything on actual speeds may vary for many other reasons also. But an 02 is a very slippery hull and can be setup to be very efficient under the right circumstances and 10 mph give or take can happen compared to running a trophy. Not to mention one less blade to turn. Im pretty sure 8 mph is very very realistic number to shoot for over a 26 trophy. ;) Now if he sent that box out and turned it up to 7500 for kicks and giggles that 10 turns into 15+ with the right prop on an 02 .:cool:

RPM and on the calculator 2 pitch is only 6mph if both at 7% and 6750. ones a 13 3/4 dia? the other a 14.5. Trophys are usually pretty darn close to spot on but some other props run tall or have ridiculously low slip numbers one or the other? i think when some say they have 1% or 2% slip that prop is running taller than advertised. Either way ya never know until ya try them. But ive had some 28 props run 89 and some run 96 thats a big difference for props that are supposed be the same pitch.:D:D

Last edited: