priceless.........

Speedman

$80.00 entry fee, 50 bucks for gas,dragging my butt out of bed at 3 a.m, no donuts at the gas station this early, 70 mile drive to the river in the fog....wasting the guy, who has boat number 1 , going 90+ mph ,while have #10, and going to the same hot spot....PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fished my first tourney on the Ct river in Vt yesterday, 4 fish limit, got to the hotspot creek and immediately got about 10 smallies, 6 walleyes and 5 fallfish, other boat pulled in and just cried because they got beat to the hole! Didn't get any hogs and left the area. headed to the next spot got 4, then hit another hole that was loaded with 2-3 lb smallies. must have caught about 40 fish there, but again only a couple over 3 lbs. The water was muddy and high, but the bass didn't seem to mind as they were clobbering any small plastic thrown in 2-10 ft. ended up with 13.2 lbs and came in 4th, winning weight was 14.5, 2nd was 13.58, 3rd was 13.3. only .3 out of 2nd, just need 1 more 3.5 lber :cry: but still a great day of smallie fishing in Vt

jimmyb

sounds like a great day of fishing...gotta love spring when the fish are stacked!

the only thing that sucks about being fast is that you get accused of cheating... i have been accused of blowing thru no-wake zones (which i DID NOT do) because I have beat guys to spots. No formal protests have ever been submitted, but it does suck to be accused by the dock talk

jimmyb

i let some guys pass me last weekend... so i am sure they are now saying that their boats are faster than mine! hehe

the reason i let them pass me is because i had 17# of fish in the boat (which won the tournament) and we were just taking a leasurely trip back to the weigh in...

xb2003

Sounds like you guy's had a blast catching alot of fish. It would have been super cool if you could have won... but a having a good day and getting a check is nice.

Whats a fallfish?

I like passing all the Bullets on T. day with my hat on. Most of the dock talk I hear is you can't catch fish doing 90 out of a race boat...But I guess them Bullet boyz figure they'll bite in the 80's though. Never understood that comment.

Jockey Up

Its alot of fun out running someone, to the best fishing spots. I guess I enjoy it more than winning a tournament. Me and dad fish alot of local tournaments, haven't been outrun for 4 years now. When I am at the tournaments, its realy funny to hear some of the guys talking about how fast there New Tritons, Rangers, can run. You ought to hear some numbers they say they running, its is to funny. It really hurts some them when you outrun them and catch more fish than they do. The Bullet guys hurt the most, they think, they have the fastest boat. Most Bullet guys have to much pride to say deep down, they are sick that they bought a Bullet, when they really what a ALLY.

I haven't race a Allison before, so I am waiting on the day, that I can give Darkallison a spanking and its going to be so much fun...LOL :D

Jockey Up

Speedman

GPS doesn't lie! The fishing was great, I have another tourney this weekend and I am boat 10 and am going 15 miles up the river to another hotspot, guess who will get there first :?: :?: