Prayers needed for a fellow Allison owner

Chad Phillips

I don't know the details but I was just informed Matt Sharp was involved in a serious auto accident returning home from a night fishing tournament yesterday morning. I'd like to ask the Allison family to send some prayers to him and his family.

Dave Hensley

Prayers sent. Please if anyone has any info on Matt's condition post it. We all need to figure out how best to help him out. Matt works for himself and if he is not working he is not making a living.

Dave Hensley

Matt is doing some better today although he is in a lot of pain. Folks he is going to need a lot of help. I have looked into different ways to collect donations but they are all kind of complicated. I spoke with another board member and I would be more than happy to collect checks made payable to Matt Sharp and deliver them to his family. If you want to remain anonymous you can Paypal me and I will write the check. If anyone has a better idea please let me know. A bass tournament with proceeds going to Matt would be another means of raising money. Any input, thoughts, suggestions are needed to get this ball rolling.

fasteddie

Just let me know what I can do if you want to do the tournament. And I'll be sending you a check Dave. Matt is a great guy that we should all help if we can.

fasteddie

Dave, I had a thought about setting up a trust account at a bank for Matt. That might be easier for people to mail a check to that bank for him, What do you think?

Freebird

Didn't see this until this morning but hope he's doing better. Lots of folks are using Go Fund Me accounts, but I assume they take something off the top for their troubles. Definitely makes it easier for people to donate though.

Dave Hensley

Eddie I like your idea. I will check into it. The gofundme is a PayPal spin off I think. We need to get donations coming in. A little from several folks will help.

Freebird

I'm thinking you/Matt may run into problems with a bank account where the tax man is concerned. I'm sure the bank can fill you in, but I can promise you they will need a SSN and other ID to open the account. Why not just send checks to Matt directly and save the trouble of a separate account? Gofundme would let folks use credit cards and make things a LOT easier. Might be worth checking into.

Dave Hensley

Some folks might want to be anonymous. The tax thing is a concern unfortunately. IRS doesn't care if your down. Matt is being weaned of the ventilator and is getting stronger. Don't know how long he will be hospitalized yet.

Freebird

Being anonymous (another gofundme advantage) is easy, just send a money order or wire money into his account.

Dave Hensley

Matt was put back on a ventilator yesterday. To keep this simple please send checks made out to Matt Sharp to:

Dave Hensley
4069 Tee Delozier Road
Maryville, Tn. 37803

Do not make the check out to me. I will get the checks to Matt as soon as they come to me.

Dave Hensley

A few donations so far not near enough. Matt is still in ICU and has several issues working against him. Guys he needs your help. Anything is better than nothing.