Prayers for a racer

ALLISONMAN

BILL MASON HAD A WRECK AT A RACE THIS WEEKEND AND BROKE A FEW THINGS FROM WHAT I HEARD!!!!! BOAT BARREL ROLLED AND THREW HIM OUT AT THE FINISH LINE!!!! JUST KEEP BILL AND FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS:sad

hack02

Prayers sent from here also.
This sport and passion we all enjoy is very dangerous and unforgiving, even just riding down the lake. Chummy called me today and told me of the loss of one of the Canadian hot boaters. His name on S&F was rpm racing. His name was Phil, don't know his last name. I met him about three years ago at the Rumble at Carrollton KY. He had a Q-shot with a drag motor, I think. Just as nice of a guy as you could meet. Friendly and outgoing, I know he will be missed by his friends and family. Hack.

patches

:confused:what happened to phil. man i hate to hear this stuff. with a 12 yr old girl and a baby on the way i ask myself sometimes what i'm doing

nobody has posted the info on scream yet about phil. i guess they will when they see fit.

Last edited:

Rocket

He wasn't going that fast! You guys go that fast evertime your in the lake!

Be careful!

hack02

Brad didn't have alot of the details but it seems he hit a wake boat wave. I don't know if it was a stuff or what but he said he was wearing his lifeline but it didn't help. I think he was 33.

suicidealli

prayers sent!!!!
i was a friend of phils. i was going to see him in a couple of weeks.. cant believe it... he was 33. he was living with his girlfriend. with a bright future ahead of him.

roy

FLYING BUTCHER

Hey guys thanks for prayers and well wishes. I'm pretty sore but doing a whole lot better than I was a week ago. Just so everyone knows what happened?? I ran the stock Mercury trim relays for 5 years using 24 volt up trim. Never had a relay go bad. All of a suddon she started eating them?? I didn't know there was so many different types of relays?? She would eat them like race fuel!! I finally found a car mechanic who knew all about them and even took them apart to show me the welded together contacts and how they worked. He was able to show me bad ground that he thought was causing the problem. I didn't want to take any chances so I replaced the entire wireing harness, Not that big of job BUT I replaced it with an AFTER MARKET harness that had its own relays. Didn't know it then BUT sure do now THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE MERC RELAYS!! I ran it for a month no problem. Got out on the line Sunday and up trim wouldn't work?? Damn then all of a sudden it did. Won the race went back to the pits and opened up a new package of relays (again AFTER MARKET) wrong! Worked fine in pits-got to the line and it wouldn't work. I ended up getting a buy in the run. I dialed in a 20 seconds (going to just run maybe 80 mph). I expected boat to turn up on it side with no up trim. She took off flat?? about half way the motor started trimming up (with a pro max trim it will not trim past a certain point with pressure on the lower unit). At 3/4 track I was't going that fast when I felt the engine trim past full trim and I headed for wrong lane. When I let go of the throttle it took the pressure off the lower unit and with the stuck open (damn aftermarket relay) the engine went into trailer mode. Threw my fat butt against the left side of the boat and out I went. Boat didn't barrell roll just did the "bat turn" deal. Didn't do a thing to the boat. Hindsight I should have used Mercury relays but didn't know there was any difference in aftermarket and theirs. I feel a whole lot better now that I did a week ago to say the least!! Can't stand to have the boat dirty??? so headed over to clean her up right now. My wife has supported me doing my thing ever since we married and it is now time for me to do some thing she likes and ole retired guy deals. We won't be racing any longer and decided to sell one of the babies. Sorry this was so long but wanted to tell ya all what happened and thank you for your good thoughts. You just can't be careful enough out there and the more info we all have the safer we will be. Use Mercury only trim relays. Have fun be safe