Powerhead removal question ??

22R

Where, How ? do you remove the shift linkage and throttle linkage ? Does the pin have to come out of the linkage at the shaft itself ? Does the bracket on the side of the motor that hold both cables have to come off ? Any advice or walk thru is appereciated !

Thanks,
22R

h2oskiier30

There is a 7/16" nut on the top of the slider on the shifter linkage. Remove it, and push the slider out the bottom of the bracket.

patches

You probably won't be able to get the slider out of the bracket till the powerhead starts coming up but do like Skiier said and you'll be able to pull the powerhead

22R

Thanks for the replies. What about the throttle linkage. do the cables have to come off ? That bracket on side of the block is attached to them(throttle and shift cables). Do I remove the cables from the bracket or does the bracket come off the engine and leave the cables intact ? Or am I missing something ??

Thanks,
22R

22R

After further study I see how the cables come out now. Snap fit on the throttle and phillips screw on the shifter. Thanks for the help guys. I hope it goes smoothly.

22R