Power curve

Alli-drenaline Rush

Hey guys - does anybody have a genuine power / torque curve for a stock 280? Note I include the word "genuine" to preclude posts from the Yammie / OMCeize crowd lol....

Thanks,
ADR

GotMyAlly

I looked for one the other day when we were talking about torque in your other thread. Couldn't find one anywhere. But there's plenty out there for the 3.0L's.

Just guessing but I doubt you're over 260 at 6800. I'd be surprised if that motors torque curve was that flat.

GotMyAlly

Here's one I found on S&F from John Marles........stock internals but 260 electronics and an A48 box. That's the best I could come up with.

Really surprised me, it's flatter than I expected.

Attachments

Last edited:

suicidealli

There isnt a big difference in hp between a 260/280. But they do act different, and a drag is a lot different.. 260 makes 260 hp around 7700. A 280 makes 280 hp around 8000.
A drag makes 300 around 9000. This how it was explained to me many moons ago.

The 260 has more low in grunt, 280 has More grunt on the top, and the drag comes on where these motors stop. JMO from the ones I have messed with.... All in stock form, and pump gas...

Roy

rmills280

she's just gettin ready to stretch her legs at 6800 richard, thats when the fun starts

suicidealli

she's just gettin ready to stretch her legs at 6800 richard, thats when the fun starts
Yep Richard your prolly making 240 hp... Lol. You not ready for the last 40 hp yet.... You going to have to get more boat out of the water, and drive that biotch...
100 mph is a stretch brother, but who knows. Speed goes up risk goes up!!!!
You need a rev limiter right now.... You need seat time, and learn the boat inside and out... Top end will come later...JMO

You don't want to earn a new name!!!!!!!!

Roy

catfish123

Great advice Roy.............I think the whole relationship with an Allison is like that with a woman...........first you have the courtship where you get to know each other, then you have the marriage when you get along and enjoy each other to the fullest extent, BUT, some marriages end in divorce and that is when your boat for some reason decides to reject you and maybe even EJECTS you..............ask me how I know..........LOL.....Give her what she wants and she will stay happy but often it takes a long time to understand what she wants........Above all, stay say and don't push it too hard for the last mph for quite some time. You are doing great at this point.

Last edited:

rmills280

Yep Richard your prolly making 240 hp... Lol. You not ready for the last 40 hp yet.... You going to have to get more boat out of the water, and drive that biotch...
100 mph is a stretch brother, but who knows. Speed goes up risk goes up!!!!
You need a rev limiter right now.... You need seat time, and learn the boat inside and out... Top end will come later...JMO

You don't want to earn a new name!!!!!!!!

Roy
yeah with all the years i have with boats in the trips i would be very concerned with jumping in to a 21 and going all out, and like catfish said its like a new relationship if you try to go too fast too soon she might say whoa not yet. setup is key and looks like you are on track with that.

Alli-drenaline Rush

yeah with all the years i have with boats in the trips i would be very concerned with jumping in to a 21 and going all out, and like catfish said its like a new relationship if you try to go too fast too soon she might say whoa not yet. setup is key and looks like you are on track with that.
Haha - which one of you has NOT tried to go too fast too soon lol. And I'm not just talking boats....

Roy, Catfish, Roger I hear you loud and clear! The exhilaration is hard to contain. Thanks for the admonition. If you didn't care, you'd say nothing.

For now, the tach installed by Darris (0-7k pos - just kidding) will be the rev limiter.

ADR