Pickwick

JWW8

Anyone fishing Pickwick this weekend? Thinking about going there tomorrow and just trying to see what patterns and areas are working best right now. Is the ledge bite the best right now or are they mostly shallow?

eddie8597

My son fished a College national championship there Thursday nad Friday. The ledge bite seemed to be the best but you can catchem about any way you want.

SmallJaw

Yesterday I fished Pickwick in a Saturday night wildcat. We blasted off at 6:00 from McFarland. I was after smallmouth's mostly but knew that was gonna be hard to do with all the boat traffic. Holidays are rough for me when trying to catch those darn brown fish; so I opted to hit some bluff areas with finesse worms. I had a limit in the boat in no time catching largemouth's. So, maybe you want to try some 4" finesse worms on a shakeyhead or something like that. Worked for me. Fish all came with the boat in about 10' of water fishing 2'-5' deep on the drop of the bluff wall.:cool

JWW8

Appreciate the help! I plan to launch out of McFarland early tomorrow and give it a shot.

SmallJaw

Appreciate the help! I plan to launch out of McFarland early tomorrow and give it a shot.
I'm about to leave for Pickwick in about 30 minutes. I should be on the water around 11:40 PM and will fish till about daylight. MY KIND OF FISHING!!!!!!:wink:gone fishing:big grin