Pastalaya

jimbob88

Talking about food & got on the subject of jumbalaya. Anyone ever here of zateran (?) Spice for jumbalaya?

MWest77

That's some good stuff, I tell you what! We eat that Zatarain's about once a week. I like the Hillshire Farms turkey sausage in mine!

GotMyAlly

Zatarain's is good stuff but no match for the stuff those crazy cajun's cook up at the rally every year. I think it's those road-kill possums they pick up between LA and Clifton that give it a special zing.......

M.ALEXIE

Zatarins is my favorite. You can't go wrong with any of there products.
You got my recipe.

Last edited:

suicidealli

I have a awesome recipe, but you have to have some southern roots tho..... I have been making it, and making changes over the years. It can hang with the Cajun boys... I like chicken, Keibasa, and shrimp in mine. Andoulle sausage instead of keibasa if you can get it... I have been making it for 20 years.... You have to start by making a roux..
Look it up... Lol.

Roy

jimbob88

Thanks marty. Gonna whip some up for friends, guinea pigs, for first weekend of deer hunting. was gonna call one of the family in louisiana but my interpreter is outa town. Can barely understand what they type!!

B HEBERT

What? No coon, nutria, or snappin' turtle? You ain't got nuthin' on those cajuns! LOL
Coon is good if you know where the gland is on the back leg and get it out. Nutria tastes like rabbit. They are vegitarian and eat the same thing. Turtle makes the best soup. It's expensive.

jimbob88

Holy cow, my gramps musta been cajun. Cooked up whatever he could get his hands on. Had turtle a few times. He made wine outa everything too. Us grandkids were his pickers. Dandelion was the best!! Or maybe he lived thru a depression..

FlatOutAlly

Dang, JimBob? Dandelion wine? Mom didn't make it, but it showed up at the house from time to time and there was much discussion about it. More discussion as the evening went on. She survived the depression too. Learnt a lot about them (dandelions and depression) from her. Wish I could ask her some more questions.

jimbob88

Good stuff cliff. some of my gramps batches of wine & brandy were better than others. Depended how much he already had drank himself.
Just got home from grocery store with jambalaya ingredients. Andouille sausage too. Boy there was some fine bettys shopping. They were all saying hi to me as well. Must be my animal magnetism... Lol