Over Hub Props

whipper

If he's turning 7k but not getting the speed, I would think it's because the prop is slipping. Dropping it down may help it bite better and reduce the slip %. Going up will gain you RPM, but if he's already turning 7k....he doesn't need any more R's. I'm thinking the prop is slipping a lot.
Agree but this also could be exessive trim because the engine is weighing down the stern while hes trying to match the performance of the trophy that lifts the stern better and was a lower pitch.

nickens21

Lightning... If ur ever around baton rouge let me know! I have a 27 hydromotive xot that the last time I ran it was bumping rite at 89 in the middle of august with my 2.5xs on my xtb, and I was on the limiter pretty hard, I think a 28 or 29 would get me in low 90's.. I fish mostly so I'm really not worried about it and don't use the hydro for fishing.. Great props!! Ur welcome to try it!!
Jesse.

TBuck2003

Lightning,
Big part of the equation is the 2.5xs has a 3.0 litre tuner and exhaust set up. So it makes total sense that you are getting more slip with that exhaust scenario. Bottom line is you need more blades to hold the water to get more straight line push. Your powerhead is 2.5 but that is as far as that goes,how it comes out of the gearcase and mid is different. You are more than welcome to call me and we can work on getting you squared away, you are obligated to BUY NOTHING so it is win win. Would love to help 330-425-3629 M-F 9-5.

TBuck

P.S. All good info on replies!!!!! Won't find that too many places.

Lightning

Thanks guys for all of the replies. Really good info. I will have to try lowering the motor to see what happens. I thought that the ET was supposed to run higher than the Trophy. Never tried going lower with the motor.
I think the best advise is to sell this prop. I really don't like the way the motor has to rev to get out of the hole anyway.

whipper

Thats why I mentioned I gave up on 3 blades same thing. If ya get a great 4 blade like one of Todds your not going to loose realy anything up top 1-2 mph. But on some days you might even gain because of load and conditions. Noting runs better on a GS with 225 than good 4 blade for me. If you had a 260 then like Todd mentioned differant story with exaust relieving not at the prop with a differant style mid. I still think you should do like the 250XS guys are doing and add 30LBS or so of Balast forward some were to off set the engine differance. Darris had the lighter 2.5 in mind when designing these hulls. The fulcrum point for maxamum effitioncy on your hull will be father back than were it should be with your motor. I was reading about this thinking about the best why to add wieght with out being intrusive.
This is what I come up with. Lets say you have 30lbs of ballist in the port gunnel. If you added and secured a 20lb to the starboard forward of your shifter box then added 10 more to the port gunnel as far forward as possable going in from under the bow you bring your Fulcrum point with in reason to the desired location more forward than it would be right now. This is just a sugestion but I think you know what I mean. Ive been toying around with what to do for setup if I buy a heavier motor. The one thing that is crutial is to get the balance point of the hull were its supost to be with any motor on. Setback can also accomplish this to a deg. Your at 10 so that seems reasonable for your motor. But even at 10 if your hull was on a roller your balance point would still be futher back than a GS with 12 inches of setback and 375lb 2.5. Think of it like you on a teater toter and were is the balance point for the hull to stay level. Thats your fulcrum point.:big grin

etnprop

numbers you give suggest over 10% slip - Todd has tons of setup time on these boats so I'd drop the motor a little and give him a call...