On the topic of Jackasses!

reward69

Well not to get too lengthy with this, whats your opinions and how do you deal with A holes on the water that will cut you off or crowd your fishing holes? I had a prick the other day that was pissed that I beat him to (you would think he owned it) fishing spot. BTW is a big flat with plenty of room. I dont mind fishing in and around someone so long as they show etiquette and courtesy. This idiot came between me and land that was only a short cast away. BTW this was a tournamnet that we were both in and not just pleasure fishing. Well me being the kinda guy I am I called him out on it. he wouldnt even look at me and just said (in a low voice) that he's not arguing but that this was his spot whether I beat him here or not that he had a blast off position higher than mine.

Well to make a long story short I proceeded to troll to his boat and threatened to :punch!! Believe me I would have rather had just ignored him and let it go but I couldnt. The good part he ended up leaving (which was a good thing) I dont wanna end up in the pokey, but the bad part I was so pissed the rest of the day from that I didnt enjoy a day on the lake.

For those who fish competively, what do you do in these situations? I personally go out of my way to be respectful to folks, just the way I was raised, but also I was raised not to take crap off idiots either!

Last edited:

resqu-u

I don't fish tournaments so I don't have an outlook in that area, however.... I had a similar situation a few weekends ago. I guess I was the other guy in your story in some way. He was on the main river a few hundred yards down from the opening of a small creek I always fish. I was trolling toward the creek from the opposite direction and got there first. He was yelling that I cut him off, called me a #$% and such. I waved, smiled and told him that the stress he must be under as a professional bass fisherman must be tough and that his payment on the river must be huge. Then I went in the creek and caught 3 nice fish. My take on the situation is it is just fishing. Being mean to people while fishing on the weekend is like fighting over a parking space, worthless. Like I said earlier I don't fish tournaments and don't think I ever will.

I do see your side though and when money is on the line tensions go up, sometimes though it is best to kill them with kindness and a sharp tongue, not :argue Just my take from fishing a river with tournament guys on it all the time :relax:

msharp

It is amazing how RUDE our fishing friends have become. I fish with my woman most of the time and you would be suprized how many dudes think they can push you off a spot with a woman in the boat. One lake i love to fish, we try not to go fish anymore because or that very thing. We go to other lakes ! Cause it aint worth the trouble . I know how you feel. Lake Douglas is full a Rudeness. But its still everywhere !

SLOmofo

"Oh, your a Professional A$$ Hole!
My wife and I fished team tournaments for 20+ years. I got their attention more than once by bouncing a 1 ounce jig off their engine cowling. I usually just cast past them or over their line. Most got the point, one started cussing I told them I'd have them DQ'd. Another team left minutes before we and another team protested them. It's much worse now.

dragmerc

everybody has a different reaction to these situations but just remember, you're not dealing with the brightest stars in the sky. i fish for amusement and it's not worth getting upset for me.

champ198

I was fishing a bank in a tournament and catching fish too. I was just out far enough to make a long cast with a carolina rig so I could work the bait out into deeper water. Along comes this stratos down the bank running on pad. :furious He came between me and the bank. Oh yeah, he saw me. You can't miss my boat sitting there. Inconsiderate people are everywhere these days. What can you do. . . .legally? Nothing except just go on.

GotMyAlly

I was fishing a bank in a tournament and catching fish too. I was just out far enough to make a long cast with a carolina rig so I could work the bait out into deeper water. Along comes this stratos down the bank running on pad. :furious He came between me and the bank. Oh yeah, he saw me. You can't miss my boat sitting there. Inconsiderate people are everywhere these days. What can you do. . . .legally? Nothing except just go on.

Lift your rod tip up and clothes line his azz with the egg weight! LOL. "Hey....my line was there, he just ran through it....."

BigCountryx

Sounds exactly what this asshat did to me and a buddy of mine last year. The guy was in a Bumble Bee so I just wrote it off as him picking on my buddy's Bullet, lol. I was so amazed by it that I really couldn't even react. I just reeled in my line and watched him pass, lol. Then spread the word around at the weigh in of course. Everybody let it be know that no spot was safe for him and he could forget any kind of coutesy from the other boats next time out :big grin

whipper

Its not just with fishing these days. Its everywere. Ive noticed these inconsiderate acts also on a more frequent basis than ever before? To much regulation? Guys need to vent. Get drunk and fight. The two most common things guys do will cost ya dearly. So there doing smaller jerk moves to take out there frustrations?:big grin

thegoop

Life is too short for aholes. It is usally better to walk away. Sometimes though you gotta do what you gotta do. I was in banff national park last year in a parking lot standing beside my car admiring a spectacular natural setting. This family in a car beside us changed their baby's diaper put it in a bag and then threw it down a gorge. I was so insensed, especially with trash cans a few steps away that I had to tell them how disrespectful they were and offended I was by their actions. I got the standard sorry I don't understand. If you don't understand a national park is not a garbage dump them you should be confined for life to a compound for retarded aholes.