omc shooter props

D.Ally

i was lookin at a 4 blade shooter prop for a 90 omc for my ski boat but cant seem to find any info on them Part # 0175419 its nla but just lookin for some one that might know somthin about them befoure i purchase ie bow lifter what the charicteristics are .

Dave

Mr. Scary

The Shooter is not a great bow lifter. I actually worked in OMC propeller engineering for my summer job the year we were testing and designing what became the shooter. At the time, the Turbo 4 was the hot 4 blade prop. They actually came up with a design that was similar to what eventually became the Renegade, but.....it wouldn't fit into the existing propeller boxes (OMC had a single prop box design at the time). The prop had too much rake to it (lifted the bow better). So, they were told to drop the rake on the prop so it would fit in the boxes. So, the Shooter was what came out of it. It's a great accelerating prop and carries weight very well, but is not as fast as the Renegade or Mercury Trophy prop. It actually performed quite well on I/Os and boats that didn't require a lot of bow lift.

David Lanham

Sam

Interesting history and read. Can't imagine a company hold off design improvements because of packaging.

O-yea, keep us updated on your Brucato Looper project. Sorry about your Sunday morning ticket event. G, what a joke.