Odd stamping on Lightning ET

gmorgan

I have a nice 30 pitch Lightning ET that as best I know is stock as it came from Mercury. At the top of the hub where the part number and Mercury appear there is a metal stamp that says "RLLLL". I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed this on a prop or if anyone knows what it means. I spoke with Jerry Gossett "JC" and he said he never put anything like that on his props. Also from the appearance of the prop he says it is a true ET made at Mercury because of the thicker trailing edge it has. Please help me identify the stamping, who you think would have placed it there and what it means. Thanks in advance for your help. Prop runs very well.

gmorgan

JC also said that some of the employees at Mercury that worked on props had a signature of sorts that they put on props they worked on.

GrandLakeGAR

I think the first ET props from Mercury were made by cutting down Choppers until the the true ET was in production. Your prop may be one of these.

gmorgan

I got in touch with Mercury and the prop I have was made in January 2011 and it is a standard labbed ET in 30 pitch with no bow or tail lift added over what is normal. They said that is what the RLLLL means.