noisy lids

allison xtb

Has anyone figured a way to stop the rear lids from making so much noise when you walk on them?I have had two XTB21's and have fished from several 2002's and they all did this.Bothers me a bunch.Thanks

brotherxb03

What type of noise. I have a xb03 and the lids are quiet. They have some type of tape that looks like a bed linner that the lids set on.

K

Kevin from FL

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

M-Wiggy

Are you refering to the noise as being a loose rattle type sound, or a cracking type squeek when you step in the middle of a lid??

I had a XTB-21 that sounded like the lid was going to crack every time you stepped in the middle of it, but after inspecting the lid, they were fine; especially the livewell lids.

RedAllison

I really can't remember for sure but are the lids in the XTB and 02 aluminum or fiberglass? I would assume fiberglass because of the curves they have. I haven't seen ANY boat with glass lids that did not squeak at some point. The ProSports and new 21s use aluminum lids with a stout reinforcement down the middle of them so I haven't seen the make any racket.

I suppose some sort of glassed/bolted on re-inforcement along with cleaning and silicone spray on the seals could cut the noise down some?
RA

brotherxb03

That's what it is I bet,the lids on my boat are aluminum with a black coating. My old boat had glass lids and they use to give when I walked on them.

allison xtb

I'm just a little feller at 170.The noise is from the edges of the lids but i am sure they flex some.The newer boats have a better rubber seal than my 94 model,they may not be noisey.Thanks for all the replies.

varmint2002

Noisy Lids,

Clean the black trim strip with 4-09, then spray silcone lub on them.

:roll: works great!