No more performance blend

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
My local Merc dealer tells me that Mercury Performance Blend oil has been discontinued. According to his Merc site and web searches, there are three 55 gallon drums of it left in the USA and that's it. Does anybody know differently.

XSive

My local Merc dealer tells me that Mercury Performance Blend oil has been discontinued. According to his Merc site and web searches, there are three 55 gallon drums of it left in the USA and that's it. Does anybody know differently.
It's still available. I'm sure that they don't sell alot therefore don't stock a ton, especially they 55 drums. There is a shitload of the 1 gallon jugs in stock at Mercury, it doesn't come up as pending NLA or anything like that.

So did you ask your new best dealer friend Glenn Reynolds before you posted this obvious attempt to discredit Mercury?

Last edited:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
So did you ask your new best dealer friend Glenn Reynolds before you posted this obvious attempt to discredit Mercury?
XSive, do you have a part number for the 1 gallon jugs from Mercury? Or a link to parts express showing these in stock?

I have been doing business with Glenn since 2000, and with many other fine Allison dealers as well. Some oils are economical to ship across country; others because of their base cost are not.

If you have any question as to how this "obvious attempt to discredit Mercury" was posted, call Phil at Napa Valley Marine 707-252-6944 and see what he tells you about the availability of Performance Blend. He spent quite awhile yesterday on his dealer website researching this. Maybe he is wrong. That is why I posted.

XSive

XSive, do you have a part number for the 1 gallon jugs from Mercury? Or a link to parts express showing these in stock?

I have been doing business with Glenn since 2000, and with many other fine Allison dealers as well. Some oils are economical to ship across country; others because of their base cost are not.

If you have any question as to how this "obvious attempt to discredit Mercury" was posted, call Phil at Napa Valley Marine 707-252-6944 and see what he tells you about the availability of Performance Blend. He spent quite awhile yesterday on his dealer website researching this. Maybe he is wrong. That is why I posted.
92-858085K01. And as far as discreditting Merc goes. Someone as well connected as you should have at least called someone like Glenn and asked him before posting this and having people like Cliffy jump on their anti-Merc bandwagon and build the resentment. Do I think Merc is perfect...Nope. But i get really tired of people whinning about how Merc has abondoned them and their parts are too pricey bla bla bla. It's simple economics if you build something and it doesn't sell would you build another one?

Last edited:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Of the 92-858085K01 4x1 gallon jugs there are 3 in New Jersey and 10 in Fond du lac; I stand corrected.

The local cost is $167 per gallon. Not for four gallons, for one gallon. I had Phil add the selection to the cart for one unit and it came up that way. 4 x $167. Don't believe me, call him at 707-252-6944.

XSive

Of the 92-858085K01 4x1 gallon jugs there are 3 in New Jersey and 10 in Fond du lac; I stand corrected.

The local cost is $167 per gallon. Not for four gallons, for one gallon. I had Phil add the selection to the cart for one unit and it came up that way. 4 x $167. Don't believe me, call him at 707-252-6944.
He needs a lesson in using MercNet.

$167 retail gets you a case of 4. I don't need to call him, I'm standing in front of my dealer friends computer. He has to take 4 one gallon jugs. It comes packaged that way. I did a screen capture and would be more than happy to show you. PM me your e-mail if you want proof.

PS - There are MORE than ten in Fond Du Lac. The maximum number that it will show in inventory is ten.

WildOne

Probationary User
"Right among the other things that make you go Hmmmmmmm.......... "
I thought Cliff was saying what next Merc....I may be wrong though.....

FlatOutAlly

I thought Cliff was saying what next Merc....I may be wrong though.....
Kinda sorta, WildOne.

I do admire Mercury for being able to make some money in an economy that's not exactly conductive to the marine business.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-brunswick-earnings-apr24,0,3535853.story?track=rss

ps all - I really rarely, if ever INTEND for my posts to be hijackers. Sorry, Lou. :embarassed

pss - This, by no means, is an endorsement of layoffs as a stock price stopgap.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Being that I've got Merc powerheads to break in on occasion I decided to buy the 55 gallon drum of the perf blend, it works out to about $20 per gallon instead of about $40 a gallon for the singles.

If any of you guys want some I will sell it to you for cost, just pay the shipping and send your own container.

Last edited:

froggy

Lou,

I knew you'd come to your senses and buy a 55 gallon drum---don't know why I knew, but I just did. Had you not bought the 55 gallon drum, the second most economical way to buy the stuff is in the 2.5 gallon jugs that are packed two to a box and the dealer has to buy two boxes.

PS. When I come to California I'm bringing some 2.5 gallon jugs!!!!

Good on you.

froggy

XSive

Lou,

I knew you'd come to your senses and buy a 55 gallon drum---don't know why I knew, but I just did. Had you not bought the 55 gallon drum, the second most economical way to buy the stuff is in the 2.5 gallon jugs that are packed two to a box and the dealer has to buy two boxes.

PS. When I come to California I'm bringing some 2.5 gallon jugs!!!!

Good on you.

froggy

FYI - You can't buy the stuff in 2.5 gallon jugs anymore. The 4-1 gallon jugs is the replacement for that.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
It's minus three celsius here right now.
OUCH!! What's it going to warm up to today where you are?

That is right, the 2.5 gallons in 2 to a case are NLA.