No longer an Allison owner...

tharris003

Living next the Coast here in south GA, we decided to go with an "all purpose" boat for now and ended up having to sell the Allison to make it happen. The other reason for getting this boat is my sister is getting her Captains License to do charters. We are hoping to move into a 21 SUB in a year or two when we recoup from this purchase. We are still going to fish bass tournaments, in fact we fished a Fishers of Men tournament this past weekend and it actually fished good. I'll be checking around here often for insight and to see what's going on with ya'll.

Here are some pics of the new ride:

GotMyAlly

I bet you turned some heads showing up to a bass tournament in that rig.

You'll love the 21 too! Never thought I'd get rid of my XB03 till i fished in a 21......

tharris003

It did turn heads, it stuck out like a sore thumb, but in a good way..
I'm sure the 21 will better suit our needs, and be a better platform to fish out of. I just hate being out of an ally for now.

tharris003

Not sure why pics aren't showing up.

Its a Glasstream 228 T.E. stepped hull bay boat, with a Suzuki 250 4 stroke. Its 22' 10" long and 8' wide, its currently running in the upper 50's and Todd is going to help us prop it out. Hopefully it will run low 60's when we get it set up right.

RedAllison

Be interested to hear your reports in a year on that motor. I hear they are BALSY motors for moving around heavy boats. Big bassturd orta ride like a magic carpet. :cool:

:beer:
RA

tharris003

RA I'll keep ya'll posted on numbers this motor is definitely a beast, has a lot of torque. It does ride smooth and actually likes a good chop on the water for optimal running.

Thanks, Randy

Texan

My guide on Lake Calcasieu has one of those motors. They are tea sippers and will move a heavy hull just fine. They have no sound to them either. The first time I boarded Phil's boat I saw it pissing but couldn't hear it at all.