Newbie on the hunt

thedude

Probationary User
Hello! New to the Allison forum, although not new to fast boat forums. I have taken some time off from fast boats but am currently looking to get something to have back at my family cottage in the Kawarthas in Ontario, Canada. Used to run a voodoo with an SST-60, super fun boat. I have always liked the Allison lines and will be hopefully able to find a GrandSport at some point to fullfill my need for speed with the capabilities of a more family-oriented boat. In addition, I am somewhat of a tinkerer so I have decided that I am going to likely venture into engine mods in the near future. Looking forward to the discussions that ensue and hopefully I can find a GrandSport as they seem to be in short supply!

Lotus 50

You are more likely to find a GS for sale on the Facebook Allison site or on Scream and Fly. There are some in Ontario, but if you are willing to go to the US, there will be more options.

thedude

Probationary User
For the right boat, road trips aren't out of the question! I will have to check out the facebook allison site. Have been on screamandfly for years but haven't seen much on there lately.

Actually perusing around here the XB 2003 looks like it could also work for me. Not that I am focused on fishing but the walkable deck, seating arrangement and ski pole (at least from pictures of some) may be quite functional and fast.

Thanks for the reply Lotus 50!

Lotus 50

I was thinking of recommending the XB2003. It's the same hull as the Grandsport, but in many ways more practical as a family boat. I think the back seat is 1" narrower on the bassboat, if that matters. When I am 80 I expect walking onto the deck from the dock would seem pretty great. A friend of mine has an SS2000/280 and an XB2003/200XS. He recommends the XB-2003. When I bought mine almost 20 years ago, I though bass boats were ugly. I still prefer a runabout look, but not so strongly.

I have an SS2000/200XS