New Years day in Florida

Jr in Jax

We took the boat out after Church on New Years day due to a really sunny 80* day. We met several of our friends on their PWCs. This is the kind of weather that causes the "Yankees" to pour in and vote Liberal.

FloridaGS

Happy New year JR, where abouts were you out? This weather has been great, looks like we may have our only 2 days of cold weather for the winter this weekend....gotta love Florida.

Jr in Jax

We launched at Knights Landing ramp [Black Creek] and met everyone at Redneck Beach. We were going to Whitey's Restaurant but the main river was kind of rough for the PWCs so we just stayed in Black Creek. I have the boat scheduled to go to Charlie and Ed's next week for new gearcase seals/waterpump and removing the Injector screens which have caused me two rebuilds by clogging. Jack Barsh is going to pick it up from Charlie's and undo all the cosmetic damage to the hull [and fix the recurring crack at the passenger side rear handrail where many GSs crack]. I accumulate quite a bit of dings each year due to the many hours I put on it. Hopefully I will have it back in early February. My wife retires in March and we should be able to use it and the PWCs a lot more.

Jr in Jax

I took it back to Darus while on vacation the year after I bought it [1999]. He looked at the crack and said he was too busy to mess with it. Needless to say I was disappointed.

Jr in Jax

I looked at my boat while it was at Jack Barsh's yesterday and he told me that there was, "No way I would crack the rear deck again due to all of the re-enforcement he put in that area". I asked him, "That sounds like a challenge!". The glass under the deck there is now three times as thick as it was leaving the factory.

I am going to pick it up in the morning.

Jack does beautiful work and always has several Allisons under repair each time I stop by.