New user.....Old, Old Allison

BobbyZ28

I bought a flat bottom Allison when I was 15. Sold it about 2 years later and got into tunnel racing with the NOA. Stopped racing after a few years, flipping my boat and exhausting all my money. Well, now I am 66. I found my first boat the other day. I acquired the boat, dug it out of the vines, cleaned it up and its now in my shop in dire need of restoration of course. This Allison has 4 seats that are part of the molded body. I have never seen another like this. Curious if anyone else has or if anyone has any info on this style Allison...………………………….I still can't believe I found my first boat!!

Attachments

BobbyZ28

When I originally got the boat it had a 100hp Mercury on it. The same engine was also still on it. I had a jack plate put on it when I first got the boat in the 60's. That appears to have been the failure point of the transom. A 50 or 85 Merc would be more practical I think also.

Floyd Pink

Often looked for some of my old stuff... boats and cars alike... but have never found one.

etnprop

I bought a flat bottom Allison when I was 15. Sold it about 2 years later and got into tunnel racing with the NOA. Stopped racing after a few years, flipping my boat and exhausting all my money. Well, now I am 66. I found my first boat the other day. I acquired the boat, dug it out of the vines, cleaned it up and its now in my shop in dire need of restoration of course. This Allison has 4 seats that are part of the molded body. I have never seen another like this. Curious if anyone else has or if anyone has any info on this style Allison...………………………….I still can't believe I found my first boat!!
I believe these were built in 64-65 with flat bottoms and then with a pad for a few years later. I have one that is a 65 and looks like yours.

BigRWater

That is awesome that you found it.
I am 66 also.
My nephew and I often talk about how we would love to find my old 1976 Stryker bass boat. I was a great little boat that changed our fishing.
Congratulations!
I hope you give us a progress report (complete with images possibly) frrom time to time.