New top Speed!

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
It was really windy today. Infact right on the verge of a small craft advisory. I was out riding with no intention of try'in setting an all time best top speed for me anyway. I was on a rather long stretch of the river that had a light chop on the water. I was slowly accellerating and the boat took a good set like it was on cruise control. Barely even had to counter steer just held the wheel straight for the most part. I am sure I could have pushed it to 88 but, I ran out of room (corner) and had to slow down. I think had it been a little calmer I might have even bumped the trim up a little to see how she would have reacted. I was running a light load everything but, my tackle box and fishin rods with a half tank of gas. Anyway I'm stoked and thought I would share. I know this dont seem that fast to some of you veterans but, I think thats pretty good for my lil 200 carbed fishin motor. I was spinnin a 26 pitch ET cut Chopper (Rich Junker) to 6800 rpms 1/16 of an inch below the pad.

hack02

Way to go man. A carbed 200 pushing a hull with a troller and 1/2 tank of fuel. Closing in on 90. Thats getting it done.

allisonriverrat

great run. nothing like it! is it? that moment when its perfect!!!!!!!! nothing else compares. thats why we love allisons.period.

Last edited:

patches

good job. my brother always says running on that rough chop is like running on ball bearings. i just got in from going on a little boat ride. boat is topped out at 93.3. thats all it's got until i can get an ecu that doesn't hold me back. mine hits a wall at 6800 and it doesn't care what prop is on it. turns a cut 28 chopper and a 24 the same rpm. ran it for about a mile and a half over rough water and rollers at 90 and was thinking how much i love allisons. :big grin

meanmusky

good run k-dawg ! i'm still learning to drive mine and only hit 71 mph so far. i hope to hit those speeds some day . i may need to:gone fishing fish less and drive more:gasp.

GFinch

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run. Then you have something to fall back on when things get out of control.

RedAllison

Atta boy Randy, ats gettiner done!!! :at the bar Puttin one up on her tail and gettin 'bout all dat can be had from her is 'bout da most fun you can have wifya clothes on. :big grin

STAND ON IT SON, :cool
RA

R

Redding XB21

I just love the sound of the hull going over the chop. Made an 18 mile run up a lake into the wind and she wasn't talking, she was singing:big grin

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Thanks fellas, Nothin like watch'in the GPS climb higher than you have ever seen it. I talked to TBuck on the phone yesterday and he informed me he was gonna bring a bunch of props for me to try at the Rally next year. I cant wait.............woo hoo!

J

John Richied

If you can try a Mercury 28 or 30 pitch Lightning ET light loaded…
You can NEVER try too many props!

Last edited by a moderator: