New top end number on my new boat....

njj502

at 5750 that ole xs will last till my kid is retired (he's just over 1.5 yr).....

Nice work picking her up from the splish splash!

GotMyAlly

Great run Neal!! That's moving in a 21' 1400LB hull. Any idea how fast you were moving when that wobble occurred on that second vid? Great recovery!!

I would be curious to know if the lip was changed on your year hull? I run at even with the pad and have more to move up but have not had enough seat time in good water with this new motor.
I think I was in the upper 80s when i ran into that wobble.

I'm not sure if the lip is different, but I do know this. My old boat ran best at 1/4" to 1/2" above the pad......basically run the jackplate all the way up then bump it down one or two ticks and it was spot on. With the exact same boat/motor/jackplate combo and running my same ol' props, the new one likes to be about 1/4" below the pad..........more like where I ran my old XB03. My old boat, when I ran the JP too high, it just lost water pressure and RPMs increased while speed did not, as I lost lift. The new hull, when the JP is ran up too high, will not take a set and that's when the wobble like in the video above tells you very clearly that it's too high.

suicidealli

That wasn't that bad of a wobble. Not something I would want to drive all the time going fishing... Big boat to be moving around like that tho...
Your running good Neal.

GotMyAlly

That wasn't that bad of a wobble. Not something I would want to drive all the time going fishing... Big boat to be moving around like that tho...
Your running good Neal.
Bump the JP down one tap and it runs like it's on rails. It was just letting me know that the JP was too high.....

suicidealli

You ever seen a drag boat from the driver view in a 1/4 mile run... Looks about the same. Lol loose is fast... There is a video of Jimmy melton makin a run. I will see if I can find it.. He can drive......

Roy