New top end number on my new boat....

GotMyAlly

Running a 30" Hydromotive Quad IV OT. Still running real conservative on the jackplate height (no where near as high as I ran my old XB21). Just guessing by the gauge, I'd say I was 1/2" to 3/8" below the pad. May still be a little left in it.

GotMyAlly

PS....that was with trolling motor on the front, rods in the rod locker, tackle storage under the front deck, 3 batts in the back. Had the windshield on, but I've cut it down more to the height of a xb03 windscreen.

xb03

Thats moving some boat!! What motor do you have xs 250, stock? The height of windscreens make a big difference at that speed for sure, good running.

GotMyAlly

Got a good clip of Duane running his 2+2 yesterday. I'm going to run film a pass on my boat today, and I think John Akins is going to run it on his SS today too.

xb03

Where exactly is the go pro mounted? From the go pro it looks like your running 100+, I really need to get me one.

merc106

Neal, looks good. Picked mine up a couple of weeks after u wish I could have seen it love the colors. Had to cut my shield as well couldnt stand it . Are u setup to strip trolling motor and batteries?

hack02

Running almost a hundred at only 5750rpm's. That motor will last forever. Sure seems those big blocks are the way to go. Says a lot about how well the Hydromotive prop is working as well. Great setup Neal.

GotMyAlly

Neal, looks good. Picked mine up a couple of weeks after u wish I could have seen it love the colors. Had to cut my shield as well couldnt stand it . Are u setup to strip trolling motor and batteries?
I don't really have any desire to strip it for an extra mph or two. It's a fishing boat......I could pull everything off of it and it's not going to run like an XB02. I didn't put a quick-release TM bracket on this one because the Fortrex sits up so high anyway. And my batteries are my ballast, so I'd have to add weight to the left side anyway if I removed them.

GotMyAlly

Man that yellow pops in the video!!!! Cool run (good instructional video as well).....
Here's one of what not to do. Had the jackplate a little too high on this pass. Look about the 1:25 mark. You'll see the boat take a slap on both sides. My old boat seemed to run with a lot more motor height, it would just about run out of water psi before the hull had too much height. And when it did get too high, it would drop the bow. The new one seems to like less motor height. The hull will tell you to stop way before the motor runs out of water psi. And when it's had enough, it feels more like the back end won't take a set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaA5s-aYbsI

Alli-drenaline Rush

Here's one of what not to do. Had the jackplate a little too high on this pass. Look about the 1:25 mark. You'll see the boat take a slap on both sides. My old boat seemed to run with a lot more motor height, it would just about run out of water psi before the hull had too much height. And when it did get too high, it would drop the bow. The new one seems to like less motor height. The hull will tell you to stop way before the motor runs out of water psi. And when it's had enough, it feels more like the back end won't take a set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaA5s-aYbsI
Neal, another great vid! Thanks for sharing! I see what you are talking about at the 1:25 mark.... Definitely gets squirrely on you, but you recovered well!!!!!

Richard

GotMyAlly

That last video also gives you a good view of the holeshot. It sure ain't a drag boat, but the holeshot is pretty respectable for a 30" prop and 1.62 gears.

Allyfishing

Great run Neal!! That's moving in a 21' 1400LB hull. Any idea how fast you were moving when that wobble occurred on that second vid? Great recovery!!

I would be curious to know if the lip was changed on your year hull? I run at even with the pad and have more to move up but have not had enough seat time in good water with this new motor.