new to this site

dubmoney

Tell us about the Merc 285? That is not a number I hear very often. Fastest I know of the xb03 has gone is 111 mph. Once you get near the 100 mph mark the the large Console starts to push the bow/hull into the water, where the xb02 continues to fly right into the high teens. I have been on a quest to run my boat 100 mph, and have learned alot in the last two years, for someone who hasn't set up a boat to run 100 mph there is a lot to learn, I have been running boats for 30 years, and pushing to 100 mph is an real accomplishment in my opinion, that being said, my boat ran high 80's low 90's with very little set up. I think people are tight lipped about set up becuase it would be dangerous for someone to go out and run 100 without earning it, and being very comfortable and confident in there boat, knowing what she is trying to tell you. Oh lets see some pictures of your boat too! Welcom!! Great to have you on the site!!

BuddyBell

i have an xb2003t how fast is this boat capable of running with a merc 285
Tell us about the Merc 285? That is not a number I hear very often. Fastest I know of the xb03 has gone is 111 mph. Once you get near the 100 mph mark the the large Console starts to push the bow/hull into the water, where the xb02 continues to fly right into the high teens. I have been on a quest to run my boat 100 mph, and have learned alot in the last two years, for someone who hasn't set up a boat to run 100 mph there is a lot to learn, I have been running boats for 30 years, and pushing to 100 mph is an real accomplishment in my opinion, that being said, my boat ran high 80's low 90's with very little set up. I think people are tight lipped about set up becuase it would be dangerous for someone to go out and run 100 without earning it, and being very comfortable and confident in there boat, knowing what she is trying to tell you. Oh lets see some pictures of your boat too! Welcom!! Great to have you on the site!!
Sorry it’s a 280!

xb03

I've personally been 101mph in my 03 with more left. I had an slight fuel issue I’ve since taken care of. I just got to find some time and a bigger prop than a 26p. I have alot of time in an xb2003 and will answer any questions you may have on setup.

gmorgan

Likely to run somewhere between 100 and 105; unlikely in stock form to run above 105. How much weight you carry is a big factor.