New to the forum

Mtpond

Probationary User
Hello everyone, my name is Allen Bergeron and I finally purchased a 2007 Grand Sport Elite with a 175 Optimax.
I have been running a 1983 Hydrostream Vking with a 225 Pro Max which I have owned for 25 years. I am a certified Mercury/ Mercruiser mechanic and have been since 1991. I am really looking forward to learning more from the veteran Allison boat owners as this is my first Allison.
I am planning on rigging my Allison with my 225 Pro Max with a Sportmaster lower unit, any advise on props or set up will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Al

xr6

Welcome to the forum Allen and congrats on the purchase of your GSE! I have 99 GSE with a 225 Promax and a Sportmaster. I think my setback is 14", engine height is about 1/4" below the lip and I run a Hydromotive quad IV Ot 27. It is a bit lazy out of the hole but runs great on plane and tops out about 91 mph. How does yours run with the 175?

Mtpond

Probationary User
Welcome to the forum Allen and congrats on the purchase of your GSE! I have 99 GSE with a 225 Promax and a Sportmaster. I think my setback is 14", engine height is about 1/4" below the lip and I run a Hydromotive quad IV Ot 27. It is a bit lazy out of the hole but runs great on plane and tops out about 91 mph. How does yours run with the 175?
I have 10" of setback and I put the Sportmaster lower on it, I am currently running a small thru hub hydromotive iv 28p at 75mph and hitting the Rev limiter. The boat jumps out of the hole with that prop. I have tried a RE3 mazco 30p but I am sluggish out of the hole with 2 people and nearly impossible with a full boat. It's a little less forgiving with the 3 blade re3.

dubmoney

Welcome. Chopper in 26 or 28. Lightning ET is a great prop, Hoss Triton are a few I like. Mazco RE3 is very similair to a Mercury chopper, but probably thinner.