New Sportmaster

champ198

Hi everyone,

Some of you know I met a rock pile a couple weeks ago. Here is my new 3.0 sportmaster. Haven't gotten it wet yet.

Different Fin Shape

Thinner skeg, straight, no curve

Shape of old skeg

XSive

That straight skeg is for dual engines and should not be on your boat. The dealer who put that on is a retard no other word for it. Take it back and kick him square in the balls. I'm serious.

patches

Xsive is right. I know you don't want to hear it after getting it on your boat but its not the right case.

XSive

I went and dug up my 2006 Mercury Racing Accessories Guide it says...

WARNING:Avoid serious injury or death from loss of boat control. Use Sport Master & Fleet Master Gearcases WITHOUT Torque tabs ONLY in multile engine applications. For single application ALWAYS use Sport Master & TorqueMaster Gearcases WITH Torque Tab.

Did you get get the shell or guts and all? I can post correct number for you if you wish. They may supercede but it will be correct. If complete need gear ratio as well.

msharp

kinda looks like someone got happy with the grinder !!!! i would say it will crab bad !!!!!!

msharp

BETTER take it back !!!! your not to far from here , if you dont mind , who sold you that ??????

XSive

Make sure you have him double check the nukbers I gave you and make him ensure you are getting the correct case. I would feel bad if there was a typo or something in the book I got these numbers from and you ended up with the wrong one again....

BigRedAlli

:shock: WOW!!! :shock:

Can't believe a dealer would sell you that case. Did they ask what it was going on?

Roy tried one on his ss2000...It had handeling issues...:big grin

Allyfishing

Another great reason to belong to this board. Members looking out for each other. Kudo's to Bill for noticing and pointing it out. Good thing ya posted this Duane!! Could have resulted in an accident!

:beer: to the guys with experience looking out for the rest of us!

ROBERT CROSS

Another great reason to belong to this board. Members looking out for each other. Kudo's to Bill for noticing and pointing it out. Good thing ya posted this Duane!! Could have resulted in an accident!

:beer: to the guys with experience looking out for the rest of us!

:beer: HERE....HERE!!!

champ198

Boat is back at dealer. Without listing out the reasons "why", the dealer is making this right. Correct parts are being ordered. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and this is what makes you all the best.