New owner, old boat!!

MikeGM

Probationary User
Hi folks! I live in Atlanta Ga. and I just purchased (09/28/10) a 1975 Allison Craft XST 18' Bass boat. I knew little about boats in general but have learned a great deal very quickly. The boat (to my knowledge) is completely original. Someone local (another Allison owner) told me I should check to see what hull number I have and that the info can be found on the "plate". I located the "plate" and it has the following: "Allison Boats No.2" Am I to consider this as the hull number?

She is in good running condition and floats. The floor is in pretty rough shape, and needs replacing. With my limited knowledge of boats, I have inspected the floor and discovered that the top (cap) of the boat is going to have to be removed for a full floor replacement.

Can anyone correct my assumption or tell me if there another alternative to replacing the main floor section without seperating the boat?? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

HO

Congrats on your new to you boat.

Does the entire floor need to be replace or just some patch work? I would encourage you to not separate the hull and top cap if possible. This is a major job and if the two aren't well joined/connected it could be the end of that boat.

Anyway you can post a picture of the floor so we can see what you are trying to fix?

John