New Here 15R

15Ally

I am new to this site although I have known about it since I bought my 1971 Allison 15r last summer. I spent a couple of months taking it apart. I removed the deck, transom, and core. I finally started putting it back together so I thought I would share it with everyone. I sold the motor that was on it and bought a 1975 inline 150. I am putting the core and everything else back the way it came ouut. Ply in the rear 1/3 and balsa in the front 2/3. I am using 1.5ozmat under the core and beding it in resin thickened with cabosil. I am putting biaxle over the top all with vinel ester resin. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

15Ally

More pics

Here is what I put in yesterday and today. I am doing alittle bit at a time. Only one person can't lay it all up at once. Besides I am underthe impression laying too much up at once will cause a big hook from shrinking.

Attachments

Rflintjr

Probationary User
Cool thread! I'm in the process of finishing up a 15' Hydro Stream Viper re-build( prepping to re-paint after core repair and got my R14 Allison torn down and ready for re-core / transom. Have you got any updated pictures to upload?

Attachments