New Grandsport....

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still working on it. Apparently there's gonna be some new patents coming out. Figured out some stuff designing this boat he's been working on for 40 years. Can drive it at 85 with one hand. Has been too busy working on the new things for the new model year XB-21 to work on it. It's just sitting in the back of the shop somewhere. That's what I heard.

whipper

Yep be a while yet. She will be 23ft not 24. The motor well is longer. The cockpit is deeper with more freeboard. She will look Allison sexy and be Allison fast. 90 with a 225 no hooking or chine walk. 300XS should proove sick on her I would think. He wont let any pics out now because of the Patends. Just have to wait and see.

catfish123

All things take time, some, just more than others........Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this one, as it may be a LONG time, if ever, before it becomes availabe.

Darth VMAX

With the boat being 23' I am wondering if Darris has designed it to handle heavier motors such as the non-SHO 4-strokes (Suzuki's Verado's, Hondas)?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any details on what changed on the 21?
I'm not sure. I think he was talking about the telescoping depth finder up front and some changes in the dash maybe? I wasn't able to pay a lot of attention because many of us were watching the kids noodling and pulling HUGE catfish out down by the launch ramp.