New carpet

h2oskiier30

Not quite as easy on an XB03 where you have to make your own cuts for the hatch lids. Not bad, but that's pretty neat on the XB02's how it's basically just a jigsaw puzzle.

F2008

Thanks guys, I think it came out pretty good too.

It kind of surprised me, it was not as hard as I had expected. Pulled on the carpet with one hand while scraping it off with a stiff blade putty knife. 4 - 5 hrs total to get all the pieces off and cleaned up ready for the new ones.

Then a full day to tape, glue and install. I work slow. Worth it though, looks like a million bucks.

You're right, no cutting on an 02, just match 'em up and glue 'em on.

mtolley

what kinda glue did you use? going to recarpet mine this winter. think i want the same color combo as yours too! looks fantastic! mt

F2008

Hey Mike.

I used Dap Weldwood contact cement. Got it in Lowes. Needed just short of a gallon.

Not sure if you've done it before, but if not......

Worked best when I painted both surfaces, (boat and carpet) then wait 5 - 10 minutes for the glue to "dry" before I laid it down. If the glue is still wet and gooey when you lay it down the carpet can move around and it seems to take much longer for it to dry.

After surface prep I used painters tape to outline one piece at a time, apply glue, remove tape, wait for flash, apply carpet, repeat for the next piece.

Embroidered edge looks much better than the old straight gray doesn't it. If you don't know which red you need, Bill will send you samples.

bassracr

I poured laquer thinner on my old carpet, let it saturate and it pulls right off...make sure your in a well ventilated area