New Boat

fishnfireman

Guys

I just got back from a week long fishing trip/tournament in the new 21 Prosport.

It's everything and more.....
It very well might be my last boat. It fits my needs that good.
It fishes great, rides like a dream and takes BIG water as good or better than any bassboat on the market.
One of the down falls of the 2003 was stuffing waves when the water got ROUGH.
Two days into this trip we were headed up lake running with the wind.
We passed a 22 foot Ranger about 6 miles up lake.
The farther we went the bigger and wider the waves got. I slowed down to about 50 and was dodging those big rows of three that seem to come about every tenth wave. Well I looked over my shoulder and saw that big Ranger slowly catching back up. My next thought was (no way) am I gona let him pass. So here we go----- I would nail it between those big rows of three and tried to pick my spots to keep from getting air. Never once did it make me think we were going to speer a wave but we did get the prop out twice. About two miles of this and the lake made a bend that made for some smooth sailing....ADIOS AMIGOS.....

My partner could not stop talking about how much better he liked the new boat especialy the rod storage and the fact that things did not get wet in the back of the boat.

He also loved the step/toilet/trash can. And no; we have not had to use the emergency pot yet-- but it is great to put trash in.

PS we did not win the tournament but placed fifth.
Terry Oldham who owns Oldham jig co. won with a 2 day- 10 fish limit of nearly 67 pounds. His biggest fish was only a 7.3 by my math that makes for darn near a 7 pound average. Unbelievable for this time of year.

With both trolling batteries in the left it wants to run low on that side.
when i put my partner behind me and balanced the boat it would hit mid 80s no problem with a TEXAS tournament LOAD.
Will have wt balanced before next trip.

John S

Congrats!! Theres nothin better than gettin what you paid for. A 7 lb average :shock: Up here in MN that kind of day would historical for me. I'm happy for ya on your rig

John S

Jessie

Fireman, What motor you running on your rig? How is the storage on the boat? Where are the rod holders located? Sorry for all the questions, but I think I may be getting the fever for a new rig.

fishnfireman

Jessie,

I put my old 2000 model 225 ProMax on.
I have only tried 2 props so far.

The storage is sooooo much better than the 2003. the front deck is larger and has two doors. You can strap 3 to 4 rods on each side of the deck.
It has the same rod storage under the front deck as the 03 except its larger..There is a rod tray with tubes on both sides of the cockpit It is built in to the top of the gunnel. they will hold two rods each. there is a real neat rod storage with sliding door inside the gunnel on starbord side with tubes and butt racks. We had 2 dozen rods in it last week and could have put another dozen in if we tried harder.
it has about the same storage layout under the rear deck as the 03 but all the compartments are bigger and deeper. there is a large glove box type storage in the port gunnell. and a regular glove box in the console. All this and you can put 2 full figured firemen side by side in bucket seats and still place your foot between the buckets to get out.

J

John Richied

You beat a Ranger… WHEEEEW WEE! :wink: I know what ya mean though, I drove one of the new XB-21’s Larry Owens had rigged up and with four people in the boat we crossed wakes coming from every direction like we were riding in a Cadillac.

Congratulations on the new Ally, it sounds like a SWEET ride for sure!