New Allison owner here...

Dillonwalling

Probationary User
Hello, new to here and excited to get things rolling!
I’m getting ready to setup a 2002xb with a 115 sho,
I’m sure it’s not a lot of 115s on the back of these boats but I’m wanting to build one light and very good on gas to fish around the coast with.. anybody running one with a 115? Needing ideas on “fishing” props and or setup (weight distribution etc.) thanks guys God Bless

Lotus 50

John Tiger tested an SS2000 for trailer boat into the 70’s with a 26 Laser 2 for some magazine. For my SS2000, a Laser did not have enough bow lift. If I was you I’d also look for a 24 Trophy. The test had a Ficht 115 which would be a bit less strong then your HO, but the tested SS2000 comp was probably a bit faster hull. Laser 2s and Trophy’s should be around $300 used.

Dillonwalling

Probationary User
Thank you guys so much... how about the 4 blades on these boats? For holeshot and slow speeds on plane? Or is it best to stick with the 3 blades? Sorry I’m extra green when it comes to an Allison..

SLOmofo is right. My four blades do drive better than the 3 blades with the exception of my 26 Remco ET. It is predictable and stable well into the 90’s but, there is a lot to be said for a prop that totes the family and ice chest safely into the high 80’s-low 90’s (Hydromotive 28 O-IV). Do try all the props you can. I tried props some others didn’t like that I like a lot. It’s what makes you comfortable and fits your situation. Having a hydraulic jack plate helps a ton but will scrub some speed.

Dillonwalling

Probationary User
I’ll definitely have a hydraulic jack plate for setup ease and also for shallower water.. I’m thinking for the 115 a 13.5 ish x 24 pitch will be a close start for a fishing/load prop? Lower has 2.15:1 gears… I know the first shot will be in the dark without me knowing any rpms and without the boat even being on the water yet

Last edited:

Lotus 50

24 won’t be enough with 2.15 gears. You will need 27ish to go 70. There are props in that range on Scream and Fly for sale