New 150 ProXS...

Wave to Wave

Anyone running the new four stroke 150 ProXS? I know it's not a ton of power, but at least it is reasonably light. It is putting out 163 HP at the prop, has low water pickup and stiffer mounts, not a bad little engine.

Some of the 4 cylinder engines out there, 175 Vmax SHO, Merc 150, etc. could be tuned to 200+ HP. I wonder if the aftermarket would be strong for something like that? They are quite a bit more affordable than the big V6s and 8s. The new V6 Mercs are way over 500 Lbs in the real world. So the weight advantage is there too.

Wave to Wave

So we have run our Grand Sport with a stock Merc 150 four stroke, and so far so good. We upgraded the upper mounts to the ProXS mounts, and they are a small improvement. Best was 72 MPH at 5570 RPM with a stock 28" promax prop. We need low water pickup to get it higher, and can probably squeeze a couple more out of it. That's our first step. Will look at solid mounts, and ECU upgrade after. The goal is 80 MPH with minimal modification.

Wave to Wave

Awesome cant wait to see the outcome of this test,,I would love to try the 150 on a SuperSport as well im sure it could be high 80s to low 90s
Ya, that would be interesting, the engine is pretty powerful for sure. The XS version will be really interesting. Ours will be a homemade XS!

Kscott211@aol

I've got a 2003 just put a 2019 pro xs 150 on it. Still working on props for it. My first 4 stroke and it will take some getting use to. I wanted the fuel mileage for fishing so I think I solved that problem

pritch

I've got a 2003 just put a 2019 pro xs 150 on it. Still working on props for it. My first 4 stroke and it will take some getting use to. I wanted the fuel mileage for fishing so I think I solved that problem
I’ve got same engine on my 2000 GSE. My first Allison so still somewhere on the learning curve driving it. Pro XS is great engine. I’m running a 30” Promax. Best it’s seen is 74 mph at 5800 rpm. Cruises great at 60-65. Love it!!!

xb03

I’ve got same engine on my 2000 GSE. My first Allison so still somewhere on the learning curve driving it. Pro XS is great engine. I’m running a 30” Promax. Best it’s seen is 74 mph at 5800 rpm. Cruises great at 60-65. Love it!!!
Any pictures?

creeljd58

Looks good
Your rig looks great, the graphics on the ProXS really pop with the red color scheme! Curious though, it looks like the rear of the boat is sitting quit low in the water. How much fuel is was in the tank when you took the pictures? Have you noticed any problems with water coming over the transom whenever you come off plane quickly?

pritch

Your rig looks great, the graphics on the ProXS really pop with the red color scheme! Curious though, it looks like the rear of the boat is sitting quit low in the water. How much fuel is was in the tank when you took the pictures? Have you noticed any problems with water coming over the transom whenever you come off plane quickly?
Yes - I’m really happy with the rig. Slightly sad about getting rid of 225 Promax that was on it when purchased. But wasn’t interested in the big speed, smoke or noise. Too old for that. This new engine gives me exactly what I was looking for. Boat naturally sits low in water. As long as I ease off carefully and don’t get caught with stern into waves I won’t swamp. Just received new seats from Allison this week. Can’t wait to install. Not sure how the boating is going to go this summer with Covid 19 and all. Take care.

pritch

It’s listed at 456 but for some reason that may be without cowling. So probably closer to 475. Lbs. That’s one reason that I chose it plus 175 wasn’t available at the time.