Need To Get Started!!

Steven R. Gaskill

Probationary User
Hello I am the proud new owner of the Allison SS2000 race,power boat,2.5 Merc EFI, Now I need to Get the gear for my new Ally.

This is what I have: Paint on this boat is great.Seats 4 with cooler comfortably.CD player installed,everything on this rig works.Trailer was custom built in 2003 with brakes and aluminum wheels.Motor has some slight mods such as Boyesen dual stage reeds,ported intake,and tuner +ignition mods.Prop is OMC worked by Steve Tillman of Tillman's Props.Boat is good for +90mph

I need to get a Cover, Good Prop, Ski Pole, Wax, Tube,

Where and what sound i get name brands? I live in Sneads, FL Lake Seminole At Florida Georgia Alabama line .

? How do i insert pics on here :twisted:

GotMyAlly

I've never had any prop work done by Tillman, but everyone that I have talked to that has used him swears by his work. He did all the prop work for the previous owner of my boat. That boat should be capable of speeds well over 90 with just about any prop you bolt on there, but I would at least give the Tillman prop a chance before laying out the benjamins for a new one.

As for wax...Protec is the best I've found.

Tube? Behind and A-Boat? Not me!

Congrats on the new boat....now go getcha some seat time.

ziemer

Is this the boat???

Is this the boat you bought???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4565972495&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Was watching this one on Ebay. Looked like a nice boat. Tillman definitely knows Allisons. I'm sure you could give him a call and he would help you out on what prop you have and/or need to do whatever you'd like. The main page on this site has the number listed for Bill at Allison who can get you any parts you need. (Although some things can be a bit pricey.)

Good luck. :wink:

Steven R. Gaskill

Probationary User
Thanks for the wax

Can you pull a tube by the cleats on the back of the boat? And whats the best size prop to pull a tube and ski with? what size anchor for river?

GotMyAlly

I don't think I would try to pull a tube by the cleats. I'm not sure how much reinforcement there is in that area....it might pull a big chunk of fiberglass out. Get one of those bridles that hooks to both rear tiedowns and has a pulley that goes back and forth. For pulling a tube, I'd go with at least a 4 blade but preferably a high 5 if you want it to really hold in the turns. Drop down in pitch about 4" from what you normally run. As for the anchor, I use an 8 lb. mushroom anchor. Seems to hold fine in the lakes in strong wind and boat wakes, but I've never tried to anchor it in a river.

RB in NM

I used to use a High Five for skiing , but then went to a small 21" Trophy, which works better for me, has a better top end, still has a lot of stump pulling power..

Russ

Blue Gray in PA

I use the same three blade 26" Lazer 2 for tubing and fishing. It works well, even with two to three hundred pounds on the tube. I have an Airhead tube and use a bridle like one of the previous replies suggested and have never had any problems.

For a river anchor, I use a 21# river anchor (three flukes) from Bass Pro. It is vinyl coated to prevent rust and it cleans easily when you pull it up. I would suggest tying a knot in the line about three feet above the anchor so you know when the anchor is close to the bottom of the boat when pulling it up. FYI - I also used this anchor last Sunday on Lake Erie (notorious for big waves) and it held well while I was floating near shore to visit with family.