NEDD HELP WITH XTB- 250 MERCURY

kyallison

Well I had my boat sold and the guy bying it called Allison and they told him you cant put the big motor on it. :shock: Also he called Mercury racing
and they told him the gears in his lower unit would never hold up.
I think his motor is a 2003 or 2004 mod.This guy is an avid fisherman and thats what he plans to use the boat for and also smoking everybody at the
begining of the tournament
Can some of you guys that are running the big Mercurys help Terry out,
Jimmy7 if you see this tell him whats up.
Thanks Scott

A

Anonymous

Terry,
I seen this boat up close and personal. It is a jewel. As for the ability to run a 250 XS that is not a problem. Jimmy 7 has been doing it for a couple of years now. Buddawg ran a OMC on his XB2002. :twisted: If a XB can handle one. I know a XTB21 will! As for the torque master not holding up. :shock: That my friend is bogus. There are guys over on the bullet board runnin them with Bob's and Tooter's cones on them. Jimmy7 can tell you better than I can, but I think the sportmasters and the torque master have the same gears in the lower unit. If I was setting this rig up. I would run less setback like maybe 10"and would put a cone on the gear case like a Bob's,tooter's or a titus and not worry about it.

just my .02 cents

kyallison

Thanks James, :lol: The boat already has 10" of set back.I think Terrys
motor has a rev limiter of 6000 rpm's, can you imagine somebody from Mercury Racing telling him his gears wouldnt hold up on his stock fishing motor :shock: at those RPM'S :roll:
Some of you guys let Terry know that he has nothing to worry about
with an Allison transome not holding a 250 Mercury.Best transomes on any bass boat made. :lol:

alli ss

that transom is stronger than the boat he pulled it off of I promise you that :lol: jimmy has been runnin a tree liter for years. nothin to worry about on that. I would think it would be easier on the gears being on an allison than a choppergun boat anyway- less load :roll: I know if I had an XTB I would go tree liter, but who am I :lol:
it'll work like a champ.... trust me :wink:

jimmyb

well, the question is what kind of 250 the guy is trying to bolt on... there have been a few different versions...

as far as the gearsets, there should be no problem with them. However, my guess is the merc racing guys might have said that a torquemaster with 1.75 gears might not work well (due to high speeds and proping issues).

My recommendation is a 1.62 sportmaster, but a 1.75 noseconed case could be made to work (especially if topend numbers arent super important to the individual)

chad202

Terry, don't let this deal go away. The boat will handle the weight/power just fine. Also, the boat is CLEAN.

Yellowallison

Scott...

whoever is thinking of buying yur boat .. and thinks you can't put a 250 horse motr on XTB-21... is LOST in the WOODS!

Of course Allison is going to tell Yu not to.. ITZ called LIABLITY!

Far as Mother Mercury! thier so use to give you the RUN AROUND on everything.... they probably forwarded his call to BOB tha Janitor and thought he was asking about they GIRL named ALLISON at the front desk .... and did she weigh 250 lbs!

Tell the GUY to write Ya check for the boat.. Take to the lake and enjoy owning a Allison and GET R DUN!

THE END!