My XR-2001 "Road Trip".. sorta Loong.....

RB in NM

I had been asked a few times to post about my trip I recently made to pick up my new-to-me XR-2001 drag hull and the 15

BigRedAlli

Sounds like you had a great trip !!! 8) 8) 8)

I took a 60 somethin year old lady for a ride in my 2003 this past summer, and she squeeled like a teenager. :lol: Said it was the best boat ride she ever had !!! I figuerd I would scare her, :shock: but she was want'in to go again....

Congrat's on the new Ally....Hope to see you at the Rally in June.
Marty...

Yellowallison

THank Goodness Russ told me that story over the phone....

cause it takes me 2 dayzz to read it all............. :p :p :p

Yallz aint heard somone EXCITED about thier new boat till yall hear RUSS tell ya bout his journey over the phone! :p :p

CONGRADS RUS!! Yu for sure GOT R DUN and covered a few miles!! :p

How many 21FT RANGERS did you pass :?: :?: along the way :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RB in NM

Thanks Guyz,,,

Digger---tha 4800 miles woulda been real tough if there was not an Allison
boat in the mix... :D

Marty --- Taz' a great trip bud! I have not had that much anticapation since my trip to pick up the XB-03.....My Dear Old Mom had no idea we went 80 plus till I told her,,,,only thang she could say was "SON ! ".. :lol:

Yaller ---- I wish I had a dollar for every pereosn asking questions about the hull (with no motor) on the way home... some folks thought it was a turbine powered boat, cuz it had the long single seat race fairing on her...Course I had to jerk a few chains along the way..!! LOl !
Man I seen a BUNCH of fishing rigs along the way... even talked to a feller with a 150 Mariner Mag on a 20 ft Cobra that'd run 82,,,he swore! hehe

That long post reminded me ov one ov Reds renditions-- :lol:
Russ

jimmyb

sounds like quite the adventure... i thought i drove a bunch to get an allison, but I just went to tennessee and back!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Great story, Russ! That's GITN-R-DUN all tha way around!!! Congrats and Best of Luck on the races in 2006!! 8)

J

John Richied

Dang Russ... poor Scott! :lol: I can’t believe you and Steve did that too him…hehehe
“Hey bud, some S.O.B. already picked up your motor and said he was me” :p :p

Sounds like the site of all those ByoBoyz Screamin’ on the water was way cool! “Looked like somebody left the gate open on the Mercury Racing Hi HP Corral!” :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Then givin’ all the family rides... YAHOO! When did you let them know you were running the propshaft height on the high side with very little sleep… and the chance of a bat turn was a likely possibility :wink:

Thanks for sharing your loooooong trip with us, the lil red bote sounds SWEET!!! and well worth the long drive.

RB in NM

Thanks guyz,
Lou - Thanks, I'z be likin' the lil' red bote for sure.. It's a Hoot ! Brings back some old memories,,,,Get's the pumper pumping fer sure...

Hey John,
Picking on Scott was a well thought out prank,,,, Hell I had 20 plus hours by that time to think up a gooden'....it worked too.! LOL !

Hey, that sight of all them botes coming head on to me a 1/2 mile off to "at yer door" distance was cool, espically hearing all them badazzed Merc's squalling like they needed to git somewhere quick.!! It waz really cool to see 4 or 5 abreast, balls out, complete hulls flyin' on the lower unit on a few.....makes me homesick all over again typing this.... :cry:
I measured my propshaft height deadnuts last week, with my Corona/headbumping method,,,,3/4" exact, high. The hull handled that like nobody's biznezz....never hinted at nothing but Fast... Only thing that really got my attention, waz when me and a buddy of mine hit the limiter, and she fell off a litle bit, but nothing near scary. I waz running a purdy 28 yammie copy I got from Dark Allison..I plan on dropping the motor one bolt hole and raising the plate a bit to git her 1/2 high.

All's good, got new guages ordered, she's all tore up right now, re-rigging again...

Russ