my walking ss2000

Baddog merc

Looking for help on chine walking, my boat is dangerously all over the place at about 56 and

aeneas

What is your setup?
The boat has a tendency to be unstable when getting up on the pad but not so much as to be "all over the place".

Rick Propst

might need a little more trim,,, but around 60 is when you have to start driving them,, If this is your first allison take your time getting up to speed and slowing down,,

flying07

welcome to driving an allison!! if it's your first, (i have a massive thread about my first on here), for starters, safety gear at all times, and find someone who can drive an allison to make sure the boat runs. then it's time to learn. they like to be flat, they sometimes like a little counterweight, it's a balance, and honestly, the learning this the most fun of all!! enjoy!!

Jon

Supporting Member
welcome to driving an allison!!
Exactly. They're just not a boat you can jump into and drive if you don't have a feel for it, and each one is different. I spent about 5-6 hours washing the rub rail on my first one, and now can't figure out how I ever did it unless I just let go of the wheel completely :)

Baddog merc

Y
Exactly. They're just not a boat you can jump into and drive if you don't have a feel for it, and each one is different. I spent about 5-6 hours washing the rub rail on my first one, and now can't figure out how I ever did it unless I just let go of the wheel completely :)
e

Rick Propst

first time taking mine out i was thinking What in the Sam Hell did i Just BUY this boat for Lmao,,, Now I love it,, was playing around yesterday with mine to see if i could get it to clean the rub rails and pretty much had to just keep my hands perfectly still lol

Jr in Jax

I took out a Dealer's demo SS with a 200XS several years ago with my Nephew and except for the Cessna 150 sized cockpit [being tight], I was at 100GPS in just a few minutes. Maybe it was just a perfectly setup rig but it was a breeze to drive fast.

RiverRat71

I took out a Dealer's demo SS with a 200XS several years ago with my Nephew and except for the Cessna 150 sized cockpit [being tight], I was at 100GPS in just a few minutes. Maybe it was just a perfectly setup rig but it was a breeze to drive fast.
Quit bragging, LOL! I wish you would come drive my GS & give me some pointers. I would pay for your stay. I am doing ok but I havent found anyone who is even willing or knows enough to get in the drivers seat to give me some pointers. RR

Jr in Jax

Quit bragging, LOL! I wish you would come drive my GS & give me some pointers. I would pay for your stay. I am doing ok but I havent found anyone who is even willing or knows enough to get in the drivers seat to give me some pointers. RR
You need to bring it to Palatka and we'll launch it at the Main boat ramp. Once you get comfortable we'll put it [and mine] in 10 miles south in Welaka and make a run to Silver Glenn Springs which get somewhat crowded during holidays. The St Johns river there is beautiful with no speed limits for 48 miles. The hotels in Palatka are inexpensive and Corky Bells restaurant [great food] is right on the river. There is also Renegades [restaurant and cottages] south of there [but not as quiet].
We could also go to the Suwannee with a beautiful spring every 10 miles and 90 miles of no speed limits.
Just let me know.....
1533132324314.jpg1533132367870.jpg

flying07

That's why many say the GS is the hardest . . . . but sure is fun on a great run!!