My Tigers gonna ROAR again

RedAllison

Went lastnight tooda FedEx Forum in Memphis and watched my Univ. of Memphis Tigers put it on a dress rehearsal team "Fairfield" (gotta give their 3 white boys credit they can shoot the eyes outta some 3s now! :cuss ) Give us another month so our boys can find and feel out that "teamness" that lastyears team had and then it'll be time to drop the hammer and go WOT too Ford Field inda Motor City! :big grin

Anyway we look GOOOOOOOOOD again this year. Our returning players from lastyear have progressed like they had 2-3 seasons experience since the title game last April. We lost the #1 draft pick too the Chicago Bulls with Derek Rose BUUUUUT lookout I think we got one as good if not possibly better with freshman #12 Tyreke Evans. He sprained his ankle a couple weeks ago during practice and was still favoring it a little lastnight as coach Cal put him in and out briefly, but DAMN that boy can move around and shoot just as well as Rose did. He's a spot or two bigger and possibly even quicker inside than Rose was lastyear.

Returns from lastyear like Willie Kemp, Pierre Niles, Doneal Mack, Shawn Taggart, Antonio Anderson, Robert Dozier played just like the extension from last seasons runner up champ team we hoped for! :cool I think the boys also learned their lesson from lastyear by realizing our only losses (TN in the regular season and Kansas for the title) came as a direct result of leaving 20+pts per game on the table because of sorry foul shooting. They looked MUCH better lastnight and Evans is deadly from the foul line!

http://gotigersgo.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111508aaa.html

My good friend Coach Cal and his boys gonna make us proud once more in The River City. :at the bar
RA

RedAllison

2 games in 48 hours? :help At 11pm (CST) tonight my Tigers are gonna tip off on ESPN against the Minutemen of UMASS. Alot of history gonna be made around this game, their first together in 12 years. UMASS headcoach Derek Kellogg is of course a former minutemen player under Coach Cal as well as the Tigers assistant coach under Cal for 8 years! Tonight the "student faces the mentor" as it's been called. :twisted evil Cal was the 2nd most winning coach in UMASS history (Final Four in 96) and if the Tigers put a W on the board tonight my good buddy Coach Cal will become the winningest coach in Univ. of Memphis history. (251Ws) The game will follow the Monday Night Football game (I think Todd Bucknell told me he was goin to Buffalo to see that game tonight!) and the Memphis game kicks off a 24 hr "Basketball Marathon" on the ESPN network of channels tonight and tomorrow.

LET IT HAPPN CAPPN, :beer:
RA