My Happy Father's Day

jaybluez

Took my son to back to White Lake after a nice outing there two weeks ago. My son caught some bream on his own last trip out and he was looking for a repeat. The fishing was a little tougher today than the last trip out but he managed a few bream and his first bass all on his own. It was a great day.

2HOT4U

hey jp, looks like my little buddy is gonna take after his dad & papa. we really need to get him a longhorn cap(LOL).

reminds me of when I used to take you to Toledo Bend at that age.
Luv ya ,DAD

Allyfishing

That's awesome!! that is how most of us got started. Out with Pop or a relative and caught one by ourselves. Hooked for life.

BTW, where did ya get the colored hose for rigging the Promax?
Fish On!!
Craig

jaybluez

Local swimming pool supply store. It's a swimming pool vacuum hose. :wink

Allyfishing

Well then....I may just have to visit my local pool supply store if I decide to use hose instead of mesh. Thank you kindly Sir...and my wife thinks your son is a real cutie. Great photo and great DAD!

jaybluez

No problem at all and thank you for the kind words. We tried our best so that he doesn't turn out as ugly as his dad:LMAO: The hose is 1/2" smaller in diameter than the mercury outboard rigging hose so it won't work with the normal outboard and bulkhead grommets. You gotta get creative on the install but it will work as I've had mine on for 3 years now with no problems. Good luck and congrats on the new 21. I showed my wife your boat the other day and she said how nice it would be to have a boat that big for us. I think she's starting to come around to my way of thinking

Last edited:

jaybluez

Hey Astro I went to Lowe's the other day and saw the pool hose there if you're still interested.

Allyfishing

Thanks for the info there jaybluez. I happened to be in my local hardware store the other day (small town) looking for something, turned around and was staring right at blue swimming pool hose in 2 different sizes!! WOW! I snickered to myself and made a mental note.

Thanks for the compliments on the Ally. The rigging hole on an XB21 is only one hole with the rubber boot. I'm still thinking how I would terminate 2 hoses at the boot without looking stupid and bulky.

Time for a bigger boat?? Great prices right now. I'm afraid in a few years we will be experiencing tremendous inflation if Obama doesn't crush our economy altogether before that.

Later, Craig :beer: