Moving ECU

xb03fs

Is there any benefit on a little 200 EFI like mine in moving the ECU, it is directly in front of the butterfly's and I was just wondering if it hampered airflow considerably. I saw a picture where when people add the Brucato, the ECU gets moved outta the way...

patches

None. The butterflies are actually in the back of the intake. Nobody gets more out of a stock 200 EFI than the guys that run DSRA Prostock and they mount their ecu's in the factory location

Volatile

You can bore the butterflies larger for under $500. That helps airflow. Also removing the water seperator and moving the fuel pump to the boat (premixing needed) will get some more air to the intake. Get a Bosch 260/280 style pump. 957, 979 or 984. The 957 is plenty for a 200. Use a fuel pump relay, NOT the ecu to turn it on and off. The driver in the ECU usually burns out.

xb03fs

Just curious I was looking into doing the cowl mod and it may be a little trick cutting down the center rectangle due to the deflectors inside the cowl. I saw a picture of the recent rebuild on snf and the ECU mounted to the side got me thinking that moviing it to the side or in the boat like that should really help the airflow... It seemed like a low cost upgrade...