Mounting a bigger fishfinder

mmalinao

Hey guys, just joined the Allison family with a used 2010 XB-21 2+2! It has an HDS5 at the console and HDS5X at the bow that are both networked through the LSS-1. I plan on keeping the HDS5 in the console and adding a second HDS7 (from my old boat), as well as somehow (no ideas how the bow graph is mounted in there) replacing the bow with an HDI7 Elite.

Now that BBC forums are down, this is my only outlet to see what others have done. I seen a post on here where someone made a mount that sits to the right of the console, which is probably the only workable solution.

Would love to see what you have done. I use my graphs quite a bit to locate bait/fish so the 5"'s sent going to work for me.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

scj

Take the plate off the bow that the Lowrance is mounted in and you'll see how it's fastened. Some use a pinch bracket behind them and others use "through bolting" which the face plate of the sonar has to pop off to access the screws.
I'm sure your HDS7 will fit into the console, you'll just have to increase the size of the opening. Very easy to access on the 2+2.

Congrats on the new boat!