More proof: You can't catch fish from an Allison

fishnfireman

I will try to post the picture.
Day three of our recent championship tournament.
Over 31 pounds!
Best tournament day I ever had, we were culling 5 pound fish.
We had a tough second day--40 mph winds and our good fish were on main lake structure..Ran out of batteries by noon. Or we might have had a better catch on day two. We still had over 66 pounds for three days.
But that was only good for 8th place. And about 3 grand in money and prizes.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30816515656.jpg&s=x11

jimmyb

dang, i am going to have to fish in texas some day!

chucking back 5# fish aint right!!!

how big was your big fish? what was the big fish of the tourney? what was the winning weight? what techniques where you using?

fishnfireman

Big fish for the week was 8.85
Our big fish was 8.10
Winning wt for the tournament was 84 pounds.
Thats pretty strong when you have over a 4 pound average for 3 days and only make 8th place.

This lake is in my opinion the best bass lake in the U.S. right now.
To have those kind of wt's in the fall is just unreal.
Its good enough BASS is going to start the 2006 season there.

This lake is HUGE so you might travel 30 miles and find what worked at one place would not get a bite some where else. There were several patterns working at any given time. The key to this tournament was finding the big fish then being able to adapt to changing conditions for 3 days. Day 1 was mostly clr. The second day it rained (7.5inches) A new single day record. with winds up to 40 mph.
Then cldy am and sunny after lunch on the last day.

Big Jigs, 10" worms and DD22s out to 35 ft when the sun was out.
Spinner baits and Spooks if cldy.

fishnfireman

No sir. It's lake Amistad. Located all the way across Texas from Toledo Bend. Near a little border town called Del Rio. The lake is very deep and started getting hydrilla in it about 10 years ago.
One of the best things is it's not close to any large citys so it not crowded and if you can fish offshore with out having to BEAT the Bank. It's possible to catch 5 pounders that may have never seen a lure!!!!!!!!

It's going to be real interesting to see what kind of wt's the big boys from BASS catch this spring when the females are full of eggs.

Only bad thing is The word is out on our BIG honey hole. With fishing this good and all the big $$$ tournaments. It's bound to draw some crowds.

jimmyb

i had a feeling it was Amistad! I have heard you post good reports about that lake before!

Likewise, I will be very curious to see how the BASS boys do...