Moderators?

Jon

Supporting Member
This forum is a privilege, and the name is on loan to us. Remember that with every post and comment you make. Larger forums like fastbass, S&F, or FB simply delete or move posts and move on - in most cases, that will always be the case here as well.

In the next couple of weeks, this board is going to go through a large functional and aesthetic transition. As part of that, a new Terms of Service and Code of Conduct policies will be posted. Every member will have a clear understanding what they can and can not post. You will also be required to accept these terms before you can post on the board. There are terms for this board, and we all agreed to them upon registration. Here is an excerpt:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, personal attacks in nature, racist or otherwise violative of any laws.

Although the spirit of this board is meant to embody the principles of Free Speech, the ownership of this board is private. The owners of Allison Owners Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Slanderous, defamatory, or libelous posts made by users will be removed from the board by moderators and/or administrators and be held in suspense for any pending civil litigation on the part of the party damaged by same, wherein they may be recovered as evidence at the request of the party damaged.
The biggest complaint I get from outsiders about not wanting to participate on this board is the membership and personal attacks. Feel free to disagree with others. That is a great way to have a long running thread. Every other forum survives and even thrive with similar rules. The members are what truly make a board great, and we have some terrific ones.

Randy, specific to your statement about membership - which I do appreciate your concern for sure - maybe this will help: Membership is up, as well as participation. Participation is up just over 50% vs this time in January, and well over last year. The board is growing. I know it is difficult to tell when you are on here every day like many of us, but I do track statistics on everything - and unique visitors and posters is one place we are growing at a great rate. Additionally, this board has never been huge - I have looked back over stats for past years. We will easily surpass the largest this board has been if we continue to have any sort of linear growth, and we are actually growing at an even faster rate than that. Again, I'm glad you are concerned about this.

etnprop

Jon... thanks again for all of the work you have put in to this board recently - the results speak for themselves and it is appreciated by many. Hope to see you down on the river soon.

patches

I've been around here for awhile and I sure don't remember much in the way of personal attacks. One thing I really hope is this board doesn't turn into a moderator dictatorship the way another big board has

Jon

Supporting Member
Erik, there have been 4 different posts in the past month which were not appropriate, and really I'm not sure if that is a lot, or not many for this board. 0 is a better number really, but this is the internet. My message above was just a reminder as I'm sure most clicked the box to accept the terms and never read them. Do you feel like moderation has gotten out of hand around here with all 4 posts which have been moved :)?

Last edited: