Misc Fishing Weights

hack02

Changing around the setup on the old sled so I thought it would be interesting to weigh some of the things I took off the boat.
In a thread a while back I described my trolling motor. When I bought it I looked for the lightest I could find, even if the performance was marginal. All I do is play fish so i settled on a Minn Kota Edge 12 volt 40lb thrust model with hand control. I always wondered what it weighed-----------
TM---36lbs.
Quick release mount-----surprisingly 5lbs.
Onboard charger------5lbs.
TM battery-----36lbs. (I'll be gaining 10 of that back for a small battery for 24v trim.)
Tackle--------8lbs.
I was surprised at just how quickly everything added up. Everything was weighed on a bathroom scale so the weights are just close, not really accurate. It'll be fun to try it out after I finish the re-rigging. I'm moving the cranking battery along with a small battery to the center in front of the fuel tank. It should be like driving a different boat. Next on the list, new carpet.

RedAllison

Steve you know the BESTUS way to shed "rigged weight" is around the beltline. I could stand to rid myself of about 30-40 myself. :embarassed:embarassed:razz
BUT you like me, you like to many of these :beer: so I reckon I'll just live wifa lil less performance.

My dad was right, gettin old SUCKS!!!
RA

Chummy

losing weight the easy way huh?... :laughing Need to get together and run the boats and have a few :beer: afterward. 80lbs is a ton of weight in just the few items you listed... lets go burn some dinosaurs

hack02

I didn't weigh my rods, I usually only carry three up on the deck. I only carry the soft packs full of tackle, ie some extra spinner baits and a bag of soft plastics and a few crankbaits.
Red, if I could stay out of our favorite Mex rest. and push away the 32 ouncers, I wouldn't have to put my boat on a diet. Better it than me. I don't have to worry about putting any weight in the front to hold it down during holeshot.